Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Folks,

I'm going to be buying a leather suit in January and was wondering what your opinions were? I'm planning on going with an Alpinestars TZ-1, but I'm not sure whether I should get a one piece, or a two piece set-up? Any pros and cons? Does the two piece have a full, wrap-around zipper attachment?

And, as far as sizing goes, I'm thinkin' I'll need a size 56, I'm 6' 210 pounds, w/wide shoulders and long ape arms...<smile>. Any thoughts? Anybody my size? Well, the good thing is that the local shop has a TZ-1 one piece on the rack, in a size 58, so I'll probably drop by and try it on to see how it feels.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Rem :help:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
If you're a track junkie then the 1 pc is definately the way to go. If you do most of your riding on the street then the 2 pc is the way to go. It's much more convienent to be able to take off just the jacket. It's also nice to be able to wear just the jacket. I don't know if that particular suit has a full zipper, they usually advertise that if it does.

Personally I have a 1 pc and a separate jacket. Hindsight tells me I'd be better served with a 2 pc. The only time the 1 pc is what I would consider comfortable is when I'm on the bike. When the time comes to upgrade it'll be a 2 pc.

As for sizing, I won't try to guess. Different brands, and even different models within a brand, fit differently so it's really hard to tell without trying it on.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
I've crashed in a 2pc Teknic Violator suit at 130 mph, the entire ass of the suit was split wide open from one hip to the other but it wasn't at the zipper connecting the top/bottom, it split at the stitching way below it just under the stretch panel. The Teknic 2pc suits I've had(even the cheap $200 Chicane) had a heavy duty, thick, full surround zipper but on an $800 Alpinestar 2pc I recently got it has a thin weak little pathetic zipper connecting the two pieces, go figure.

I now have a Kobe X-Pro 1pc on the way.

·
eStarbucks
17,313 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Phukit said:
I now have a Kobe X-Pro 1pc on the way.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're going to have to modify your other post to have it reviewed now... :laugh:

I've got a 2pc GPX suit; far better on the streets - especially when you make a pit-stop at a coffee shop to take a leak. I like that the jacket is long enough that I can wear it on its own; unlike some 2pc suits where the jacket won't even make it to your navel.

I'm 6'3 210 and have a sz 44 JR suit; fits GREAT! GSRider is ~6'1 210 and his JR jacket is a 44 as well...

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
You're going to have to modify your other post to have it reviewed now...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I know, my girlfriend ordered the leathers and a new helmet today, she's the best :laugh:.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts