Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Signal light Question for \'99 F4

Question #1:
I have LP Stalker II's on my bike. A couple of weeks ago, I noticed that the right signal light was not flashing at all when I turned on the signal. I switched the right bulb with the left bulb to see if the bulb was burned out. The problem still remained even with the other bulb.

I put the assmebly back together until I had time to take it apart. To my surprise, it started to work correctly again. However, now the right signal is flashing at twice the rate of the left flasher. It has also melted the lens a little bit. Any clue as to what is going on?

Question #2:
Does anyone have flush mounts on their f4? If so, what brand, did you have to drill through/cut the fairing? I bought a pair of LP flush mount, but it looks like it will take a lot of modification to the fairing to get them to fit. I'd rather stick with the stalker II's if it is going to require significant cutting.

Thanks,

-Miller

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
Re: Signal light Question for \'99 F4

i put flush mounts on my f3, took about about an hour i believe...lil rewiring (i'm an electrician in my offtime:)) and it was pretty easy in actuality, only complaint is that they don't sit completely flush when closely observed....i don't mind though, looks better than the nasty stalks hangin out, if i had wanted them to sit totally perfectly flush i think it would have taken some cutting as well as some fairing patching to replace original hole....not worth it, i'd say install em, they even survived a low side with me with only a few scratches:)

as far as the weird bulb action, i have a similar problem, i had mine wired to function as runing lights, and the left one wasn't working, i swapped bulbs and checked the wiring again, but it's still not functioning as a running light...oh well one running light only on the right side of bike, the blinkers all work though...sorry i can't help with this question.

willie

·
Registered
611 Posts

I have the LP Short Stalk II's on the rear of my 2000 F4. The only problem I have had was when I first installed them. One of the bulbs was bad, which caused the marker on the opposite side to blink at an incredible rate. After getting a new bulb everything was okay. Just make sure that you get the correct bulb (single versus dual filament) and everything should be okay provided you haven't crossed a wire anywhere.

As for flush mounts on the front, you do have to grind off a bit of the front fairing for them so sit properly, but it's not that big a deal.

Live fast, die young, and leave a good looking corpse.

·
Registered
1,655 Posts

Your wires are switched.. The lower wattage part of the bulb should be on all the time and the higher wattage part of the bulb should be on when the turn signal is on. Thus that's why it's flashing fast.

<font color=red>SilverF4/images/icons/cool.gif
<font color=blue>"Respect the Wrist!!!"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts