Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, my wife is getting me a pair of Vertebra II Airs, and I am curious whether they run true to size? If anyone in here has a pair please answer the question. Does the size of your boots match the size of your daily kicks? i.e. Adidas, Nike, New Balance.

Thanks in advance,
~Andy

Don't BRAKE till you see the whites of their eyes, oh yeah remind me which is the brake lever again

·
Registered
16,056 Posts
I wear a 13 in New Balance. And I bought the biggest size Sidi had. Still a little tight./images/icons/crazy.gif

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
My SIDI verts are a 48, and I wear a 13 shoe pretty much regardless of brand. I don't know the exact conversion, but I've heard from most everyone that the vertebras run a smidge on the small size. It really is best to try 'em on first, if you can. If not, you can get a 1/2 size bigger than you should, then use an insole if it's too big.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
hmm i dont know if i'll get a chance to try some one but does anyone have the Vertebra race or any Sidi boots that is about my size? I usually wear a 9 or 10 depending on the company of shoe so what would a Sidi boot be? Or alpinestar?

<font color=red>Ride Red</font color=red>

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Make sure you loc tite your bolts when you get them.

Professionals are predictable, but the world is full of amateurs

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I wear a 9 1/2 on regular shoes and got a 43 on Sidi Vertebras.Fits Perfect!!!

<font color=red>F4i</font color=red>

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wear 44 birkenstocks and 43 New Balance, maybe I should order the 44 Sidi Air's

~A

Hmmm, i hate this.

Don't BRAKE till you see the whites of their eyes, oh yeah remind me which is the brake lever again

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
I wear a size 10 US Tennis shoe, and size 45 Euro boot.
45 is supposed to be equal to 10 1/2 US.

Welcome to Las Vegas.....Now go home!!!!

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
I wear a size 9 shoe, size 42 Sidi. I think for every size up it's a Sidi size. That one person on this thread said he was a size 10 shoe, 43 Sidi, so maybe that's an equation to use?

·
Registered
2,273 Posts
Yeah skisurf2, I've lost three bolts already and I've only had them a little over a month!!!

"I am Jack's high-speed adrenaline rush."

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
damn Hypeman.. you didnt tell me about that!

Good call on the loctite.. i will use it if i do get the sidi boots.

Went to cycle gear today and tried on the SMX plus. Came down to a size 9 that would fit me and i wear about a size 9 shoe. So i'll go with the shoe to boot match if i cant try on a sidi boot. The only other consideration is the shape of your foot. Its still recommended to be able to try on the boot you want because some designs will fit tighter in different areas for example the smx boots i tried on today. A size 8 fit my foot length and a 9 was slightly looser but the 8 was tight in the toes which wouldnt make for a comfortable extended ride. I guess a 8.5 would be the route to go but they didnt have one in. Curiuos thing though.. the 9 was a 43 and the 42 was a 8... no 8.5. I assumed it was mis printed since their computer showed a 8.5.

<font color=red>Ride Red</font color=red>

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
ok so I went and tried ona pair of Vertabra II's and I am actually going to have to order a size 46. Hey you knwo what the say abotu big feet, lol.

I did not think they ran that small. I tried on three different sets of 46's and they all fit me perfectly. To think of it, all of my Kenneth cole shoes are 45's and 46's, but my New Balance and Birks are all 44's. Go Figure.

~A

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I'm a 9 1/2 or a 10 shoe, and the V2's I purchased were a 9.5 (Euro 44) so for me they ran fairly true to size. The next size up was definitely too big. By the way, I got a narly blister on the back of the foot, but this was at a two day track school, so I'm not discouraged. After all they were not designed for all day comfort. On my usual Sunday morning rides I've had no problems. To me, the most comfortable of all the "hard shell" race boots I've tried on.

See you on the inside of the turn.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts