Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out there who has or knows of someone who has an RF-900? I'm just looking for a VERY QUIET helmet. I hear from other riders that the Z-II is real quiet but the Shoei website seems to favor the RF-900 as its quiet helmet.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Well I really can only compare the RF900's I have owned to the previous RF800, but I would call the RF900 fairly quiet, and I enjoy them. I am going to try the Z-Two within the next week or two and will report back. I am wanting a helmet I can change the padding out of is the reason for looking into the Z-Two. I have three RF900's though and would say they are significantly quieter than the previous model RF800.

I'm Not a Pessimist, I'm a Realist!
Kaaaawwww Waaaaaaa Saaaaaaa Kiiiiii

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
kn7671, Thanks for the info. That's great! I actually thought the RF-900 had padding you can change out?!?! Can you remove the whole liner for cleaning? Can't wait to hear back about the Z-II.
Thanks again!

·
Registered
633 Posts
Ya, the RF900 has a completely fixed liner system, whereas the XSP-II and Z-Two have completely removeable liner systems for cleaning. I am ordering a Z-Two today and will let you know.

I'm Not a Pessimist, I'm a Realist!
Kaaaawwww Waaaaaaa Saaaaaaa Kiiiiii

1 - 8 of 8 Posts