Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking at a new helmet as my Shoei is tired and needs to be put down after 5 years of service. Does anyone have a SHARK helmet?? I have read pretty good things about them on the snell, dot sites. No-one seems to carry them as they aren't as mainstream as say Shoei or Arai. I am looking at the RSR2-Supra model. They retail for approx 699 cdn. Any input would be appreciated. I like the Shoei, but the cooling seems a bit low, and the brow vents on the Arai' make my eyes water at speed, but without them open, I almost suffocate.
The website is www.shark-helmets.com

/wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

·
eStarbucks
17,313 Posts
I've seen places around here selling the cheaper models... not the top end ones. :frown:

I've found they use a mix to make a compelete range at the local shops: Arai top end, Shoei mid-top, HJC mid, Shark mid-low, KBC low... but they won't carry the top Shark or top Shoei either.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, the local bike-shop has 17 coming in on Jan 17/05. Hopefully the redesign is alot better than the previous helmets. Apparently they have 2 different shell sizes for 05 as well as small to xxl. I was also wrong about the price.... The one they quoted me on was a 04 RSR. The new ones are the RSR2 and it's $899.00.....

·
E-Tard
11,817 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
The new ones are the RSR2 and it's $899.00

[/ QUOTE ] Get out of town!! My guy couldn't quote me a price but, I'm thinking that I will get the "buddy discount". As soon as he gives me a price, I'll let you know. Maybe we can get a super good guy discount for 2 helmets.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, I quoted was quoted 699, then 899, as the helmets are redesigned. I was then told I could have it for 800, due to the misquote. Time will tell what the real price is. I just hope they are as nice to wear as they look.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts