Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What are the service intervals for the falco,I was told 600mi., 6000mi. and every 6000mi.after that. Thanks,Tom P.S. I do the oil and filter every 3000 mi.regardless.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
600, then every 4750 after that. You'll get the annoying little service light to remind you! /images/icons/crazy.gif

<font color=red>MAD</font color=red><font color=white>FAL</font color=white><font color=blue>CO!</font color=blue>

·
Premium Member
9,377 Posts
You manually shut off the service indicator - press and hold the lap button and the "R" button for 5 seconds.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Check tappet clearance, change oil and filter, check cables, brakes, chain, etc. Change fork oil at 4,650k. All the basics.

<font color=red>MAD</font color=red><font color=white>FAL</font color=white><font color=blue>CO!</font color=blue>

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Check tappet clearance

<hr></blockquote>

Just for clarity's sake - Tappets (valves) are every 10K. Mine were fine until 20 when 2 exhaust valves were slightly loose. All else can be done in your own driveway. My shop only sees my bike every 10K.

Scott /images/icons/wink.gif

·
Premium Member
9,377 Posts
JIm - As a matter of fact I wasn't reading my manual - I just got out of the masters program on how to set that freakin dashboard!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Scotteq, That's what I thought.Can't wait to pick this bike up, still waiting for uncle scam to give me my money back.I think I'll let the dealer do the valves and do the rest my self. Thanks,Tom

·
Registered
6,544 Posts
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

I just got out of the masters program on how to set that freakin dashboard!

<hr></blockquote>

Crud - You want me to post a dash cheat sheet???

Scott /images/icons/smile.gif

·
Premium Member
9,377 Posts
Scott - heheh got it last time you posted it - that thing is great, certainly takes a lot of eadache out of searching the manual! /images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 12 of 12 Posts