Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
i use the krypto bike disk locks...was thingin about gettin a full alarm system but cost too much for good ones...i might just get one of those disk alarms

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
I have the kryptonite chain and it's locked down to cement rings I have in the floor of my garage and there's no windows in the door and I have a motion detector light outside/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Ahhh... is good to live inside a military base. I sometimes leave my key in the ignition all day long without worring that someone will take my bike ;)

But all kidding aside; I would just use a Krypto Lock and lock it against something solid. I'm from Los Angeles and I know that if someone wants to take your bike, they'll go to extremes to get it (worst case scenario of course).

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
I was alway told to get a disk lock, baby monitor and a Base Ball bat. Lock the bike up, put the baby monitor next to it and if it wakes you up grab the bat and play some tee ball with there heads. This would work with a steal pipe and or a automatic rifle also.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I just leave the key in it and sit in the window with an H & K 45, who the heck would want a Triumph anyway!
Actually, I never go anywhere that it would be out of my sight and still use the steering lock and disk lock, but usually forget the disk lock!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I keep my bikes in the garage with the keys in them. It helps I live in the middle of the desert, noone even knows there is a house back where I am!! I'm lonely.....

My toys

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
At my house I keep them with keys in them and in the basement with our dogs to protect them. I think they may lick you to death. When out I two disc locks and very very rarley a chain and the krytodisc lock.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Winko- I do have people to ride with, I am on the outskirts of Tucson. I have a 10 min. ride to civilization but the local mountain is less than 3 min. away! I wear the sides of my street tires out before the middle becaue I ride the mountain 5-6 days a week.

My toys

·
Registered
176 Posts
I installed small little powerfull time delayed explosive devices all over it. Only one problem with it, I have no idea how to de-arm it. So its been a while since I last got rode my bike.

I very seldom lock it up. If someone wants it that bad let em have it no sence it making it hard for them to get they might damage something trying and then give up this could cost a good penny. If they just take it chances are it will never be seen again so insurance will take care of you. When I do lock it up I'll use a krypto disk lock.

·
Registered
4,510 Posts
i agree with mladinfan, if they want it bad enough, and they know what they're doing. it's their's! but i also use a kryptolock disc lock.

you know one that's actually pretty good is the Xena disc alarm lock. it helps prevent people from moving it around, and it's loud enough to go off if you start your bike but forgot to take it off.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts