Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just installed my Scotts damper on my 02 R-1 and I was curious what people are using as settings.

I have one om my dirt dike and I am use to the setting for that but what do most leave the settings at on the street bike. I know its personal feel but what do most have theirs at ? How many clicks from right or left ?

Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So I am curious about the Gap between the mount legs and the frame, do most have this gap ???

·
Registered
66 Posts
I ordered mine last week. It should be here(ups says this anyway) on monday. I'll check after I install mine and get back to ya....

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Out of the box the sweep valve is set to dampen the full 78 degrees. The Base controll is 8 clicks out from full clockwise.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm going to need some direction with it, I have never owned this type of damper before. I'm sure I'll have some questions. Did you get yours thru the group buy at Kyle engines?

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Did you remove the washer that's under the old triple tree nut? If not that could be your problem. I didn't remove mine either and when I went to take it for a ride I couldn't even steer the dam thing... Called Scott's since I followed their directions to a T, and after some deliberation we figured it would have to be the washer. I took everything apart again and removed the washer and no more problems, it's been great since.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Streetracer, Yes I got in on the group buy. I got it yesterday.

Iain, I did remove that washer, I called scotts and they saw the picture and said its fine. I just need to dial it in now.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hey guys. I just bought Scotts damper from a guy. What hardware do I need to mount it to my 02' R6 and where do I get it from?

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Did you buy the whole set up or just the "top?" If you bought just the top (which is universal), you'll need the mounting setup.. Give Mike at McCoy Motorsports (http://www.tobefast.com)a call 606-432-1556 or 606-437-7650 if they don't have a mount for your bike in stock he can get it really quick. He can also walked you through the mounting of it.. It's pretty easy.

http://www.tobefast.com

1 - 16 of 16 Posts