Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Santa\'s being good to me this year!

Merry Christmas to me! I think I'll be getting my Honda 599 some time this week. It's too bad that I can't ride it for a month or two. :frown: But, I'll survive.

Since they're discontinued, I got a deal on it. The guy has had it for over a year in his showroom and wanted to get rid of it. Especially because he has all the quads in stock right now.

Here's a pic of one.

·
Premium Member
24,352 Posts
Re: Santa\'s being good to me this year!

Congrats Lucidity :waytogo:

They discontinued it after a year or two? Wow... :crazy:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Thanks.

I hear it was way overpriced for what it was. To charge close to 8,000 for a 600cc bike (that's only a standard) apparently was too steep. I know that the Ninja 500 was going for about 4,000... so that's a big difference.

But, the bike fit me like a glove. So, I wanted it.

·
Registered
7,177 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
lucidity03 said:
Thanks.

I hear it was way overpriced for what it was. To charge close to 8,000 for a 600cc bike (that's only a standard) apparently was too steep. I know that the Ninja 500 was going for about 4,000... so that's a big difference.

But, the bike fit me like a glove. So, I wanted it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey - it's essentially a naked F3; great engine and damn sweet looking. I always thought the naked look of the 919 / 599 was really appealing. If I was going to get a 2nd. bike it was high on my list. :waytogo:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

[ QUOTE ]
klwheat said:
Congrats on the christmas gift....if you don't mind my asking, what'd it cost ya?!

[/ QUOTE ]

It cost $6,000 (new). I had some Christmas bonus money to put down, so the financing isn't too bad. I've been eyeing up this 599 for two years now. I had to snatch it up since it won't be too easy to find soon.

PorradaVFR, that's exactly what attracted me to the bike. I love the naked look.

I signed the paperwork last night and they're delivering it to my house on Christmas eve. I can't wait! I'll be sitting on it in my garage for a month or two making 'vroom, vroom' noises until the ice melts off my driveway! :809028-ridin:

·
Registered
2,810 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
lucidity03 said:
[ QUOTE ]
klwheat said:
Congrats on the christmas gift....if you don't mind my asking, what'd it cost ya?!

[/ QUOTE ]

It cost $6,000 (new). I had some Christmas bonus money to put down, so the financing isn't too bad. I've been eyeing up this 599 for two years now. I had to snatch it up since it won't be too easy to find soon.

PorradaVFR, that's exactly what attracted me to the bike. I love the naked look.

I signed the paperwork last night and they're delivering it to my house on Christmas eve. I can't wait! I'll be sitting on it in my garage for a month or two making 'vroom, vroom' noises until the ice melts off my driveway! :809028-ridin:

[/ QUOTE ]

Stories like this make me glad I live in SoCal.

Congrats on the new bike.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts