Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,780 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
RRW\'s Ulrich Posted A Response...READ!!

Vanderslice Questions Ulrich Motivation In Supporting Thursday Practice, Later Recants
From RoadRacing World
http://www.roadracingworld.com

In an e-mail response to Mark Webster, a motorcycle enthusiast who sponsors CMRA racer Jason Peterson in regional events and asked why AMA Pro Racing discourages Thursday practice, AMA Pro Racing Director of Professional Competition Merrill Vanderslice charged that Roadracing World Editor, race team owner and AMA Southwest Director John Ulrich supports Thursday practice prior to AMA Nationals for purely financial reasons.

[kman edit - story continued here: http://venus.13x.com/roadracingworld/scripts/NewsInsert.asp?insert=2688 please post links to copyrighted articles]

·
ehasbeen
5,207 Posts
Re: RRW\'s Ulrich Posted A Response...READ!!

Wow, who would have thunk that little old esportbike members could get in the middle of the big JU against AMA debacle /images/icons/smile.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
256 Posts

There's nothing wrong with making money, is there? Providing more track time is not bad, is it?
What is the real issue here?

If you don't want to do the practice, why must you?
Is it the financial support?

If someone can organize and provide services for the benefit of the sport and profit from it, I'd think it was smart.

Something here sounds more like "who" than "what"

I am an 11 year AMA member...

<font color=blue>SPEED</font color=blue><font color=red>MATTERS !</font color=red> /images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
734 Posts

I believe Mr. Ulrich's point is that a)He does not make money sponsoring Thursday practice. b)One should check the facts before inserting foot in mouth. c) His opinion of AMA Pro Racing (and thiers of him) have not gotten any warmer or fuzzier (sp?)
But then again if the pot never gets stirred somethings going to get burned. /images/icons/wink.gif

Go Big or Go Home. <font color=red>Or just make sure you make it home?</font color=red>

·
Registered
256 Posts

AMA due to it's history and membership base does not support roadracing like it could.

Having Mr. U. on the board is a step in the right direction, deep pockets of people interested in promoting the sport is too.

I wouldn't have thought he would have to defend himself but considering the organization, he does. /images/icons/frown.gif

<font color=blue>SPEED</font color=blue><font color=red>MATTERS !</font color=red> /images/icons/wink.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts