Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im taking a trip up from florida to new jersey in june and am making it a multi-day trip any advise for a safe trip and advise on how to keep my pride and joy in top notch condition and this i should do before i go

Im the prince of all saiyans once again!

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Get maps from each state and plot your route with a highlighter. Staying away from interstate highways means less stress, cheaper gas, cheaper motel rooms and better scenery.
Have fresh oil in your bike, set your tires pressures 2 lbs above normal and get a good rain suit.
Any more than 30 lbs of luggage than bump up the rear preload a notch.
Take breaks at regular intervals even if your not tired.
At every break give the bike a once over to make sure everything is where it should be.
***BRING A SPARE KEY FOR ANY LOCK YOU HAVE***
Because it sucks to be a thousand miles from home and drop your keys down a storm drain.
There's more but if you visualize your trip you'll think of what you need.

·
Registered
9 Posts
well, since I'm going with you, don't you think you should ask me what I think??? Maybe we should discuss a trailer again.

If you don't give it to me, I'm gonna take it!

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
Take a small can of chain lube with you. A small can of Plexus or similar product and a cloth to get the bugs off the bike and helmet won't hurt either. Loose clothing without too thick of seams on the but or inside of legs also helps the comfort factor.

Forgive & forget. Just never forget when I forgive.

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Dont forget the tire plugs!!!!
Last year I tried to take a road trip up to colorado for the big a.s.s. ride -- I got 20 miles north of las vegas NM when I picked up a nail. I had to ride the bike at about 10mph for those 20 miles to get back into town. Ruined my whole trip because the tire was toast! It was a saturday evening, and I wasn't gonna be able to get a tire before the ride the next day. I can't imagine what it would have been like if I had gotten another 50 miles north.

Moral: Bring a tire patch/plug kit and some CO2 with you to fill the tire back up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts