Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the best kind of trailer to take a cycle along on a trip or what is the best way to take a bike on a 1000 mile trip whith out ridding it the whole way

Im the prince of all saiyans once again!

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
A closed trailer is best for keeping it clean and secure but if your not going to ride it why not just leave it at home.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im going to ride it when i get to my destination i just dont want to ride it for 16 hours

Im the prince of all saiyans once again!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hey Serp take it easy, not everybody has the iron a$$ yet. Besides if the 1000 miles was through IL,IA,IN,KS or any of the other staight line states, it's really the only sane option.

Ride Fast - Live Slow

·
Registered
266 Posts
Covered trailers are awesome - keep bike clean, more secure, keep all your stuff in it, but they are buggers to pull - a LOT of wind resistance - cut your gas mileage by 40-50%. I have gone to using a snowmobile type trailer - if I ride the bike it's outside anyway, & it's a lot easier on the tow vehicle & gas mileage, as well as handling of the tower/trailer setup.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Hey Serp take it easy, not everybody has the iron a$$ yet. Besides if the 1000 miles was through IL,IA,IN,KS or any of the other staight line states, it's really the only sane option.

<hr></blockquote>

It's not about having an iron a$$ (BTW mine's not iron just numb) it's about living the experience.
I've trailered before. There's a certain security in knowing you can pop the bike on a trailer if you go down or break something but it also nullifies the adventure of the unexpected wondering if you'll have the G-2 to handle any situation that comes up.
Straight line travel is a great time for random thoughts.

If you see my bike on a trailer call 911 'cause it's stolen./images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
0 Posts
I have one word for you... WUSSY!!. Just ride it! Either that or sell it & buy a F*@KING plane ticket!

<font color=purple> This bike capable of evading high speed pursuit!</font color=purple>

·
Registered
377 Posts
Try the Mototote!

It looks good, keeps the bike in the draft and doesn't require a lot of work to load/unload.
Check it out at www.mototote.com /images/icons/cool.gif

A little GAS... is a good thing!!!!

·
Registered
377 Posts
By the way how the devil do you add a link, I wanted mototote to show up as a clickable link? Also how do I add pics?

A little GAS... is a good thing!!!!

·
eModerator
7,723 Posts
Remember that with the Moto-Tote you need a class IV receiver hitch and at least a 1/2 ton, preferably 3/4 ton full size pickup/van/SUV. With a sportbike on the 'tote you have 500-600 pounds on the hitch sticking out a foot behind your vehicle. A passenger car or mini truck will not handle it safely.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I use a 5x8 utility trailer. It only set me back $425 and I can haul two bikes with no problem. I just went to my local welding shop and had some wheel rails made and then I added several I-bolts.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts