Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I am looking to get a new riding jacket. I would prefer leather for protection but I know that textile has came a long way. I still think that I will be getting leather though. I was looking at the Joe Rocket Blaster. Anyone have one and if so how do you like it? Also any suggestion for gloves? I have been using mechanics gloves for the last two years. I have been looking at gloves from Joe Rocket and Alpinestars. Thanks.

·
Registered
553 Posts
my alpinestar GP plus gloves lasted two seasons and now need to be replaced. The palms have developed holes in them. I was looking at those Joe Rcoket ones. I like the vent in the knuckle to keep them cool.

Yes my motorcycle is fast..
No you can't ride it!

·
Registered
400 Posts
The Joe Rocket gloves have the vents, very nice. DON"T get a textile jacket, go with leather. Trust me, hopefully nothing ever happens but if it does, you'll thank me.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My wife bought me a Blaster jacket last year, I've got no complaints so far at all and I actually just bought one for her birthday. I can't tell you how well it stands up in a spill though, but I think it's a good value for the price.

No really, I do own a bike!

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I am not sure if I'll feel save in anything but leather.... but then again, it's your body /images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Re: Riding Jacket? (for wife)

Can anyone give me a list of reputable jacket designers that make jackets for women as well. I need to get my wife a jacket and want to get her one with armor that is good looking as well. I know of Joe Rocket and Hein and First Gear. Can you all recommend some more manufacturers?

Thank in Advance,
~Andy

Don't BRAKE till you see the whites of their eyes, oh yeah remind me which is the brake lever again

·
Registered
466 Posts

I went down on my blaster jacket going 40MPH or so. (Hit a dog that came running out in the stree). It caused over $2500 damage to the bike. Helmet was thrashed. But the Jacket was fine. Only one small cut in the back. It saved my arse. I have no problem with mine.

·
Registered
122 Posts

I also have the Joe Rocket BLASTER jacket, and the SPEEDMASTER gloves.

So far I have no complaints.

The jacket is decently nice-n-thick, with a few zippered vents under each armpit and on the lower back. (Which works nicely when you have the front zipper lowered part way - making the jacket act like a parachute). Ahhhhhhh!

As for the stitching...well, I cannot tell if the thread is COTTON or NYLON. (Nylon is preferrable, as it will not fray as easily, will last longer, and is stronger). But so far it looks pretty good...and there's no sign of fraying.

As for the gloves, they're nice as well. But I wish the extra leather in the palms had covered THE WHOLE PALM, and not just a portion of it. (But, "hey"...I guess you can't have it all).

The gloves make my hands sweat during hot weather, regardless of the vents. But then again, what BLACK-LEATHER glove will not? (Don't trick yourself into thinking that ANY full-leather glove will not make your hands sweat during H-O-T weather)!!!

But in the end (FOR "MOI"), the safety factor of wearing a FULL-LEATHER glove, outweighed any "sweating discomfort.

And, "shoot", if they get all sweaty...just take them off and drape them over your tank. (The hot sun will dry them in a few moments).

So to end...get the jacket and gloves if you find a good price!

And if you want a "trick," hot-weather, PERFORATED LEATHER jacket...get the Fieldsheer AIR SPEED jacket. (I "likey" mine, super mucho)!!!

In Christ: Raymond

1 - 12 of 12 Posts