Sportbike Racing Forum banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Are both lights powered off the same fuse? I just wanna make sure that I still retain my lowbeam in case the high drops off. I run my highbeams during the day pretty constantly so I'll see how long mine lasts. I should be able to get some day riding in over the 3 day weekend.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Yes, they're both powered from the same fuse (under the right fairing), so if you lose the fuse, you're in the dark. Mine has two empty slots for keeping spares.

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Thought I'd let everyone know that my H3 (lowbeam) PIAA Superwhite fizzled out last night when I was getting ready to pull her out for a ride. Turned the ignition to ON and the light flicked on, then flickered and finally winked out to darkness. No dramatic explosions, smoke, sparks, pops, etc. just a slow death. /images/icons/frown.gif So, I have sent an email off to PIAA to see what the expected life is and to see if I can get a replacement under warranty but in the meantime I'll be sending James some money to try out his Superwhites.

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
<font color=red>I emailed PIAA in regards to the warranty on their bulbs and was told that they offer a one year warranty.</font color=red> I returned the bulb to the place of purchase tomorrow and I was told they'd have to send it out to find out if it's under warranty. It's no less than I expected from this tiny shop run by kids and is the reason I ordered new ones from James in the meantime. It'll be interesting to see if I get a new PIAA out of this.

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I got my replacement PIAA Superwhite bulb from the shop last night. I would have had the bulb on Saturday but they were shipped the 85W bulb and I wasn't about to put that in the bike and melt the wiring harness. /images/icons/crazy.gif I was actually quite pleased with the difference in service I received this time around; they were very courteous and acknowledged me as I entered the shop and even apologized for the delay in getting the 55W bulb for me. /images/icons/smile.gif

I've only ridden twice at night with the Nokya bulbs but my initial impression is that they are not as bright as the PIAA bulbs. The Nokya also have that slight blue tint like you see in the cars with HID systems; this is most noticable when looking at your reflection on the back of a pickup truck or SUV.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts