Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed my Renegade airbox kit on my 01 Mille over the weekend and got a chance to ride it today. It was 60 here in Chicago!

Anyway, there was a noticable difference in the midrange torque that wasn't there before. There is no doubt, this was a noticeable improvement over the stock box. I have only 870 miles on my bike and haven't really had a chance to get the rev's up to redline at all. I'm still breaking it in.

The kit was fairly simple to install. I did have to do some trimming on the carbon fibre plate to make it fit right. Other than that it was straight forward.

I did have one issue with a hose on the right side of the box. This hose apparently connects all the way back to a can underneath the rear seat cowl next to the tool kit. I was told this can has charcoal in it and is for EPA standards. It's not necessary to have it, so I disconnected it.

Jorge from Renegade was made aware of this hose issue and actually called me today from the UK to see if I had the problem resolved. UNBELIEVABLE! It was a minor thing to me, but he made the effort to call and make sure I was happy with his product. That's customer service at it's finest. Follow up after the sale.

I would recommend the Airbox Replacement Kit and any products of Renegade to anyone.

Mike

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Spike ~ I've yet to see a disappointed Renegade customer. Anyone who has never dealt with them thinks we all work for them by the praise we give them! Jorge's call to you was standard operating procedure for them! He would've called you from the U.K. even if you were just missing a bolt!! /images/icons/smile.gif

<font color=red>MAD</font color=red><font color=white>FAL</font color=white><font color=blue>CO!</font color=blue>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts