Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd give ya'll an update.

[ QUOTE ]
205-mph motorcyclist sentenced to 200 hours of community service
Randy Furst, Star Tribune
December 23, 2004 TILLEY1224

A 20-year-old Stillwater motorcyclist charged with going 205 mph down Hwy. 61 in September pleaded guilty on Wednesday in Wabasha District Court to speeding and was sentenced to 200 hours of community service.

Judge Terrence Walters placed Samuel Tilley on probation for a year and ordered him to pay $125 in court and probation fees, said the Wabasha County attorney's office. He will not serve any jail time.

Wabasha County attorney Jim Nordstrom offered the plea agreement and Tilley accepted. Tilley also admitted to not having a proper motorcycle license. Under the agreement a reckless driving charge was dropped

The plea agreement states that Tilley was going 205 miles mph in a 65 mph zone, 12 miles south of Wabasha. He was clocked by a Minnestate state police pilot on Sept. 18, during the Flood Run, a motorcycle charity event.

The pilot radioed from his aircraft to a state patrol officer in a squad car who arrested Tilley and gave a ticket to Tilley

[/ QUOTE ]

·
eModerator
7,723 Posts
I read an article about that which had two items mentioned. One was that the bike was tested and was only capable of 165mph (which sounds about right) and the big one was that a friend he was riding with was ticketed for doing 110 mph.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
I don't even believe that a near-stock RC could make 205. Shows you the accuracy of police radar equipment. :rolling:

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
[ QUOTE ]
reidnez said:
I don't even believe that a near-stock RC could make 205. Shows you the accuracy of police radar equipment. :rolling:

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, it wasn't radar equipment, it was a stop watch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.