Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
4,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Agency Seeks Recalls of Durango, Dakota.

WASHINGTON - Federal safety regulators want 600,000 Dodge Durangos and Dakota trucks recalled because their wheels could fall off, but the auto maker doesn't believe the defect is dangerous, a company spokesman said. :808908-wtf:

Not dangerous? What part of the "wheels falling off" your car/truck is not dangerous? I missed that one /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Full Story....

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
It's called spin writing. The company said that the DEFECT isn't dangerous - i.e. they disagree that the wheels might fall off.

·
Registered
7,499 Posts
Almost as bad as Toyota Tundras 2000-2002 that had MAJOR Brake problems drums and rotors going out of round and failing to stop the vehicle but, they never recalled them because brake failure is not considered a dangerous enough problem to warrant a recall.

I know this for fact because, my 02 Tundra had to have the Toyota *fix* with the front end having to be completely rebuilt after 3 failed rotor-drum-brake pad replacements. Once at 2 weeks after I bought it then, 3 months later and after that on the third Lemon Law try they rebuilt which satisfied the Lemon Law compliance but the truck still runs like sh!t when stopping Now I'm stuck for 24 months of paying on it :rolling: :808875-bs:. :flame:

·
Registered
6,429 Posts
wow. In Maryland, you sue with the lemon law, and they have to give you your money back, and just about anything else you ask for. Then again, Maryland is owned by the trial lawyers association. I had a problem with an Acura once...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.