Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looking for a Rear Cowl for me 01 R-1. I see that Targa makes one. Any body have one, What brand, Price, Link?
Thanks
-D-

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Cow well

Yamaha.com doesnt have any pic, can someone post one for me. and a Up date on the price they are 149.95

·
Registered
7,835 Posts

I got my factory cowl for 75 bucks !!!!
( Used of course )
Some heroin addict was desperate for cash!/images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

That looks really good. Do they fit like the stock seat or they not as tight.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts

that part I don't know since I don't have one. I would think that they would fit tight

·
Registered
428 Posts
My man has one on his 01 blue R1 and he's happy with it and it looks sweet. Haven't had any problems with the screws coming out, the thing flying off while going down the road. It fits properly, like the stock seat does. The only thing that I noticed at first was a little bit of color variation at different angles but I feel it was worth the $130 and he is happy with it.

Ride Safe,
Jen

YAMAHA R6 - PURE PLEASURE

·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Mine fits good but I had to send the first one back because the paint was a little thin around the edges. Very happy with it.

·
Registered
5,296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the Info, Im going to get one when I get the money, Should I just get it from the dealer or is there site?

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
I also have the factory cowl. Color match is spot on, and fits great.

Welcome to Las Vegas.....Now go home!!!!

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
I don't like my factory cowl very much. Sure it looks good and all... but it doesn't fit right. Too much play front to back. I had tape pieces of cork between where the back sits against the hook things (cylindrical bar at the back... if you can picture what I mean).

But maybe mine's just a messed up piece /images/icons/crazy.gif.

Hey guys! Hangin out? I'll hang out!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts