Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
eClogs
8,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any of you 748 owners have one?
I mean, I've found the pedal but using it has absolutely no, zilch, nada effect on stopping my bike! I hardly ever use the back brake and today after 2000 km (yes, I live on the other side of the pond, for those of you who don't know me)running in my bike I decided to try it out. After almost putting all of my weight on it it started to have some effect, and this was standing still on a small slope for a traffic light!
At home I checked the usual stuff like air in the line, leakage, glazed pads, oily disc but all were ok...
Any suggestions?

Be afraid, be very afraid!

·
Registered
573 Posts
i just bought a 748 and mine didnt start working good till i put around 50 miles on the bike, but 2000k. that seems like a lot, i was supprised to see that mine came into it that quick, it took like 300 miles or so on my zx7r. i guess different pads and all that stuff, but i would think your bike would have the same pads the states get, i really dont know, sorry i cant help you. But im sure someone on here can, i have recevied lots of good advice from the guys here. by the way welcome to the 748 club!! despite some recent problems, i wouldnt own any other bike!

Ducati......... not just a motorcycle.......its a way of life!!!!

·
Registered
4,147 Posts
I only use my rear brake to keep the bike from rolling on an incline while stopped at a traffic light...

M.

·
Premium Member
38,149 Posts
I've had some problems with my back brake with both 748s. The back brake is functional to a point when it's working. Twice (one on each bike) I've had the back brake drop off where I could put the pedal deep into the lower fairing. Both times I had the system bled to restore it but I don't know why it happened to begin with. The fluid looked in good shape and the level was good. Seems kinda odd that both 748s had problems with the rear.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I've lost the rear brake twice, as well as the front brake once. Every time it was shortly after the systems were bled by someone else. I've never lost the brake after I have bled them. It appears to me that the cause is the bleeders not being tightened sufficiently, because the brakes worked fine for a period of time, telling me air entered the system from somewhere. I make sure the bleeders are tight, and no more problems. My .02.

·
Registered
783 Posts
rear brakes..... about a year ago mine wasnt working for anything. and then one day i pushed and nothing happened,the lever went into the fairing. so i looked back and saw fliud EVERYWHERE! so i get somewhere so i can stop and found out my pads had completely worn down to the metal and into the brake caliper pistons and heated the caliper up so fliud was draing out of the seams. now this wouldnt be that bad if i was actually using my rear brake that much. so i had to replace the caliper and rotor. im thinking the cause was dirt or something was caught in my line and as some of you have mentioned you cant even tell if the rear brake is applied or not so i couldnt feel the pads rubbing or anything.....

Eric
"some people have to piss on an electric fence to find out for themselves"

·
eClogs
8,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So it's meant to be not working?

Be afraid, be very afraid!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts