Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed my new pipes on the old RC, here's a couple pics. The lighting isn't the best, I'll take some better pictures once it gets nice out around here.

"How fast have you had it up to?"...if I had a dime...../images/icons/tongue.gif

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Where have you been riding that bike? The tires look like you've been mud-boggin' or something. Otherwise, those are pretty sweet pipes! Do they say that they're titanium? Who makes em? D

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They're Leo Vinci slip-ons and the one end is engraved "Titanium". They come with 2 sets of decals, both stickers and metal plates that have to be riveted on but I think they look better without any emblems on them. The tires are dirty because of all the snow we have has made a real mess on my garage floor, I haven't even been able to ride yet this year to test out the new pipes.

"How fast have you had it up to?"...if I had a dime...../images/icons/tongue.gif

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
I am within a week of having my hands on my 2002. You guys are killing me! What price range for the Vinci's? I am still exhaust shopping.

Wheelies don't necessarily make you a squid, but bitchin about em' sure makes you a sissy!

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
They great, so does that under tail kit.

“When the dogs are looking for their bones and it’s raining ice picks on your steel shores”

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I can still ride on the balls of my feet without touching the mid-pipe, but my feet are a size 9. My buddy with size 11 feet sat on it and his heels rested on the pipe, you can buy those guards that bolt onto the pipe with hose clamps though if you have big feet.

I paid about $1250(Canadian) for the pipes which is a pretty good deal since I get a discount through the shop that sponsors me, so I guess thats about $10 is the US.

·
Registered
3,801 Posts
Those are sweet pipes Jag! I like it w/o the badges...nice and clean!/images/icons/smile.gif BTW, the pipes are angled very similar to mine so that's about as much foot-room as you can get with highmounts. Every other one seems to turn upward sortly after the footpeg.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i swapped the sleeves on my moris so i could get the same no badges look. also i had the 2 bros heel guard kit with my leos and the clamp dug into my swing arm. doh!

·
Registered
644 Posts
Finally someone piped the Rc-51 perfectly. Some of the pipes have a such a nasty snake like bend in them that it's not even worth spending the money, but those are friggin sweeet! Black anodized aluminum would look cool too, but the silver is a good match to the rest of the bike. A job well done, and I bet the sound is incredible. I too am expecting my 02 RC51 any day now. I am bikeless, sleepless, and jealous!

Snoochie Boochies!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Mirage, I can't comment on the power/torque of the leo's yet since we still 6" of snow on the ground here, and another 4-5" expected today. Needless to say, I haven't ridden yet this year....I'm ready to snap, friggin' weather.
I'll be sure to give an update once I actually get to ride the bike.

·
eNVisible
15,777 Posts
Jag~ Yes, once the snow clears let me know how the Leo's sound and feel. I'm starting to think you should've bought a snow mobile. /images/icons/crazy.gif

1 - 20 of 29 Posts