Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to hear from folks who've had a chance to spend some time aboard both an RC & 1000RR. Being the forward thinking human being that I am (read: Consumate Cycle Junkie). I'm imagining that my RC's replacement steed is probably going to be an `05-06 1000RR. You guys know I'm a diehard twin fan. But I fear this may just be the reality....

I say this because I am extremely suprised Honda is carrying the RC for `05. I and a lot of other folks figured it for dead in this years lineup. Suprise me once, but I'm not counting on it for `06.

Given that as a background for thought; I hear lots of people throw words like 'tractable', 'useable' and 'linear' around when describing the new `blade. I know it's gonna be heavier (duh, it's a Honda, we've all come to that realization by now) than any of the other 4's out there. It's all about the delivery...

Finally getting to my point: Being that I'm used to twins and thier delivery; folks who've ridden both, what are your comparisons/opinions of the `blade to the RC?

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
you'll like it. but not for the reasons you might think...?the reason you'll like it is simply "because familiarity breeds contempt"... it's just "different" than what you're used to. "different" being the operative word here. guilty pleasure world that is sportbiking, "different" is often times mistaken for "better".

·
eNVisible
15,777 Posts
Haywood~ I took two '51s for a test ride (members: BadDog & Fiddy1) and although different years they seemed the same. I will say that it took some time to adjust to the power band as me being an inline person didn't automatically feel comfortable on the RC. Contrast that to my old 900RR it felt heavy and compared to my new R1 it would be down on power. I think a 1,000RR would be a great addition (notice add, not replace :wink:) to your stable.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I ride a 999 and a 1000RR. I'm faster (slightly) on the RR. Never been on a bike making fast so easy. That said, I enjoy the 999 more. I'm smitten with twins and riding to me is more than going from A to B as fast as possible, all the time. So I can't compare the RC directly, but I would lean towards the RR if you want something different and a bike that imo, is the cutting edge of blistering sportbike performance refined. Otherwise, stick with a v-twin'er. Every mile stirs the soul and there's nothing like it.

Each bike at the same location... South Park, Colorado:

999 Mt. Guyot
1000RR Mt. Guyot

·
Registered
35 Posts
Haywood, I haven't been on an RC51 in a couple of years, but I let a buddy of mine who had an '03 ride my 1000RR when I got it last April. He came back about 15 minutes later and just shook his head, grinning from ear to ear. Said that he was amazed at how smooth the power came on and how the bike felt like it just kept pulling and pulling... I'm happy with mine, though I wish it pulled stronger in the lower rpm ranges...nothing a sprocket change wouldn't accomplish. BTW, me being your average Joe m/c rider, I can't notice the extra weight when really getting on it. The bike just feels that good, it makes you want to push it even harder. Good luck w/your decision.

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
I've got an inline ('01CBR929) and a twin ('03RC)....I dig 'em both for variety. I usually grab the RC keys but maybe, what Shamar said, it's cuz it's newer to me.

There's a guy on the RC51 Speedzilla forum, I believe, who has both an RC and 1000RR. You might try posting over in the "General" forum there :wink:
Speedzilla forum

·
Registered
376 Posts
I have a 97TLS and an 04 RR. Love them both but the RR is so good it makes me sick. I like the twin for the power and feel. The RR is just awesome all the way around. If it were my choice I'd keep the RC and buy an RR. Either way damn good bikes!!

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The speedzilla forum is a little rough for my tastes. I'll keep these kinds of posts over here. Thanks for all the replies, it defenitly gives something to think about.

FWIW, I won't be selling the RC when it's time to go looking for a new ride. I have'nt sold my SuperHawk yet.

:809028-ridin:

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
The speedzilla forum is a little rough for my tastes

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I know...it's highly inflammatory over there. But I was just referring you over to the guy who has both bikes.
I think his screenname is "mrgrn"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts