Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this should be in the Parts section, but I figure it would benefit more people being in these specific forums.

I am in no way affiliated with this site, I just found the prices pretty cheap and figure I would pass them onto you guys. They have them for almost every bike.

www.oppracing.com

· Registered
4,894 Posts
565.00 for thier complete set looks a bit high considering they dont give the fender as part of thier complete set.. An additional 165.00 for the fender and your at 730.00... Not sounding too cheap to me. :808908-wtf:

· Registered
597 Posts
Disclaimer: Not a flame :crazy:

roadracer98 - where do you get fairings then? The site listed in your sig has a set for $711 w/o fender, $760 with... a little more than OPP... just curious

I bought a set of OPP for my F4i, and the fit and finish wasn't perfect (not nearly as good as my AK composite set for my gixxer), but kevlar/c-f re-inforced edges were a plus (I'd give 'em a 7 out of 10 for quality, and a good value). They also had a semi-gloss white paint, rather than primer making them harder to paint.

Alex

· Registered
4,894 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
VT_2tired said:

roadracer98 - where do you get fairings then? The site listed in your sig has a set for $711 w/o fender, $760 with... a little more than OPP... just curious

I bought a set of OPP for my F4i, and the fit and finish wasn't perfect (not nearly as good as my AK composite set for my gixxer), but kevlar/c-f re-inforced edges were a plus (I'd give 'em a 7 out of 10 for quality, and a good value). They also had a semi-gloss white paint, rather than primer making them harder to paint.

Alex

[/ QUOTE ]

The title to this thread is:: Racing Plastics CHEAP................................. :808908-wtf:

I never said anything about my sponsor being cheaper. As a matter of fact I never mentioned ANYTHING about my sponsor, It just happened to be a part of my Sig that is on every single post that I enter. :rolling: The author of this thread needs not mention the word CHEAP if it is in the same ballpark as most other companys prices.

And what body set comes painted semi-gloss white? Not GP Composites.

· Registered
352 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
roadracer98 said:
[ QUOTE ]
VT_2tired said:

Alex

[/ QUOTE ]

The title to this thread is:: Racing Plastics CHEAP................................. :808908-wtf:

I never said anything about my sponsor being cheaper. As a matter of fact I never mentioned ANYTHING about my sponsor, It just happened to be a part of my Sig that is on every single post that I enter. :rolling: The author of this thread needs not mention the word CHEAP if it is in the same ballpark as most other companys prices.

And what body set comes painted semi-gloss white? Not GP Composites.

[/ QUOTE ]
Kenny he actually said he got OPP not GP that were white? just helpin out

· Registered
597 Posts
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you are correct, the OPP racing set came in semi-gloss white.

[ QUOTE ]
The title to this thread is:: Racing Plastics CHEAP.................................

I never said anything about my sponsor being cheaper. As a matter of fact I never mentioned ANYTHING about my sponsor, It just happened to be a part of my Sig that is on every single post that I enter. The author of this thread needs not mention the word CHEAP if it is in the same ballpark as most other companys prices.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you mis-understood... I think $565 is pretty in-expensive for a new set (without a fender), so I was hoping you would share place with an even better price, 'cause you didn't think $565 was cheap. That's all...

Alex

· Registered
3,678 Posts
I was just talking to my friend here at work who's friend was foolish enough to spend the $1900.00 for a set of that silver metalic carbon crab for his R1. He said after the difficult task of drilling all his own mounting holes, that the finish was equal to that of low budget Hotbodies crap... Ill stick with the well know race body manufactures and pay for proven quality... Lots of knockoff companies out there claiming there shiz is better then everybody else's... :flame:

· Registered
4,894 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
VT_2tired said:
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you are correct, the OPP racing set came in semi-gloss white.

[ QUOTE ]
The title to this thread is:: Racing Plastics CHEAP.................................

I never said anything about my sponsor being cheaper. As a matter of fact I never mentioned ANYTHING about my sponsor, It just happened to be a part of my Sig that is on every single post that I enter. The author of this thread needs not mention the word CHEAP if it is in the same ballpark as most other companys prices.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you mis-understood... I think $565 is pretty in-expensive for a new set (without a fender), so I was hoping you would share place with an even better price, 'cause you didn't think $565 was cheap. That's all...

Alex

[/ QUOTE ]

I hear ya, When I bought my last 2 sets of bodywork from 2 seperate companys I recieved crap for customer service when it came to repair any of the crashed body parts. I looked for a while and found the company Im useing now. I decieded to run thier stuff due to thier discounts,customer service,fit,finish and turn around time on repairs. I can get a complete set of the another brand for 435.00 w/fender to my door, but hacking to mount and prep for paint is just not worth the cpl bucks in savings. :grin:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.