Sportbike Racing Forum banner

Racing bodywork

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  130Gunner 
#1 ·
Okay, I got the skinz on, and I just have a few loose ends to tie up and she's ready for track day. (Well, 1 BIG loose end which is the race tail I should have ordered in the first place.) This is really gonna sound like a bonehead question, but what the heck do you folks do with the 3 (on the F4i, anyway) overflow/drain hoses that normally vent out the bottom of the fairing in front of the shift lever? On a side note, anyone who has an F4i and is buying sharkskinz - I can let you know what all you'll have to do to get them to fit. (More than you should, for a "custom fit" piece...lol)

If I put what I wanted in this signature, I would piss too many people off.

See less See more
#2 ·
What to do with overflow hoses.... I would highly recommend getting a longer hose for the coolant overflow and running it out the back of the tail section. I once crashed because the bike was overheating and pushed water out the overflow and got my rear all wet.
The crankcase/airbox/tank drains are probably fine where they are. Of course I always take mine off and throw them away bt don't listen to me on this one it may not be the best idea. /images/icons/tongue.gif

#4 ·
So, just let the non-coolant hoses dangle? I figure they are probably okay where they are, maybe a little zip-tie job will give me a little peace of mind. As far as the other idea - you know I have to ask how the heck you did that. hehehe (Oh, and the tank is another thing, I just haven't found one for less than $250 yet on ebay. But it's on the list, too!) Thanks!

#6 ·
Geez, I ordered them before my deployment - I actually can't remember. I know it was pretty much dead on with whatever their website says, and they list all they have available with pics of most - check 'em out. I want to say about 5 hundred-some-dd buck for the race upper and lower and a kit of Dzus fasteners. And two stickers.

#7 ·
gunner, if mad or sharpshooter has not told you. I still have the tank. Maybe we can get you set up next week.

You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.

#8 ·
See what happens when you talk about stuff on here fellas? Stuff just falls outta the sky! LOL Okay Doc, hopefully we can hook something up. I got the go ahead from the ole lady for a race tail and rearsets, and I put a bug in her ear that I wanted a tank too. We will be in Falkville Wed night, and I'll be over at Chuck's probably most of Thursday (Chuck may not realize this just yet...shhhhhh). Let me know if you're gonna be off Thursday, we'll have a look then. Or whenever - but thanks for the heads up!!!

#10 ·
Probably somewhere in between. It definately won't be original, I've been checking out some paintjobs on bikes in British supersport and other race series' that we don't see too much of over here. I've got some ideas, but I can't get away from the flat black on the '01 Mille R and the new HOnda 919. I LOVE it, so I know it will have some of that on there. It will probably depend on how soon I get a tank. I really like the F4i in the foreground of this pick, with a few color changes - but the scheme is good. I'll paint it purple if I can get those chicks to follow me around with umbrellas.

#14 ·
Zip ties are beautiful! lol It's probably all for naught anyway, as the F4i is going up for sale. I am hereby finished with I4's, and I am officially "desperately seeking v-twin". So, bike is for sale and the sharkskinz will soon follow... /images/icons/smile.gif

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.