Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it street legal here in the states, or it's only for racing? I was thinking about an R6 but since every Joe Smoe around the corner has one, I want something different.

Anyone here has one and how/where did you get it?

·
Registered
660 Posts
Look through cycletrader.com or contact your local dealer to get one.
They run over $30K and need an additional $25K worth of upgrades to make it up to par with even a $9K GSXR750.
Its up to you, but it seems like a lot of money just so you can feel like youre better than the rest of us "Joe Schmoes".
Who gives a crap if every dickhead has a R6 or R1...when youre riding that thing its YOU and only YOU.

Rocket Scientist on <font color=blue>R6</font color=blue>
http://u2.netgate.net/~waverave

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

Its up to you, but it seems like a lot of money just so you can feel like youre better than the rest of us "Joe Schmoes".
Who gives a crap if every dickhead has a R6 or R1...when youre riding that thing its YOU and only YOU.

<hr></blockquote>

Easy now waverave.... I didn't know anything about the R7, including how outrageous it costs.... and that's why I asked. No need to get so defensive in your "better than the rest of us" response.

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
i have seen them for sale for 23-28k. why do you say they need another 25k in upgrades to equal a gixxer750?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Because from the factory they only make 100hp at the crank. You need to add some stuff to it to make it powerful, but not 25k worth. Something to do with power restrictions in some country that the R7 is sold. the weight and suspension however are top of the line.

My toys

·
Registered
698 Posts
Personally, I don't see what all the hype over the R7 is all about. The R1 and R6 look better in my opinion.

·
Registered
793 Posts

They run over $30K and need an additional $25K worth of upgrades to make it up to par with even a $9K GSXR750.

<hr></blockquote>

OHH my GAWD!! Are you serious? That's crazy!!!!!!!! Guess I'll never have one of those.

·
Registered
6,758 Posts
I don't anything about the R7 really but I hear they have two fuel injectors per cylinder...and they only have one hooked up from the factory so it only makes like 100hp, but once you hook the other injector up its an instant 30-40hp? Remember, i probably dont know what im talking about....anyone else know of SOMETHING like this?

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Well you probably don't need more than 2k to get it to 135rwhp reliably... Snip a wire to get the second back of injectors... Uncork the exhaust with an Akrapovic or equivelant, add a high pressure fuel pump and maybe an airbox mod for good measure and you are spanking Gixxer750's... Of course with the handling advantage of the restricted one you would still be killing all sportbikes in the corners if you know what you are doing.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts

I gotta a place cleared away in the garage for a street M1...........!

<hr></blockquote>

yeah after you sell the house, to pay for one, that is attached to the garage you'll have all kinds of room./images/icons/smile.gif
How much is a M1 anyway?

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
actually Lopezj, I was speaking about the thought of the M1 coming out to a mass production market at a reasonable price.. lol... Maybe I can convince Yamaha into sending me a 220+hp M1 engine to shoehorn into my R1...yeeesssssssss..

http://www.tobefast.com

·
Registered
557 Posts
I think the extra $25k would make it pretty close to the actual superbike. Its a ton of money and from what i've read they really don't perform very well anywhere other than a racetrack

<font color=blue>R1/images/icons/tongue.gif

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Just FYI:

I got 131rwhp off of my 00' GSXR750 with only a full yosh no custom map.

Before spending that much $$ for an R7, I'd get a Bostrom replica.

·
Registered
359 Posts
The R7 comes streetlegal with 107rwhp. But that 107 makes it just as fast as a ZX-7r because of the weight it carries. Reportedly, it only runs on 3 cylinders from Yammy. When you buy that performance kit for it it'll activate the forth and a few other things that will give the bike 180sum RWHP. If you are truly interested, I have an email address of a guy here in the states that is selling one. PM me for it.

Take it to the streets.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Here are the contents of the email. I was looking to purchase.
Yes the R7 is still for sale. It is in
Hollister, California (about 40 miles south of San Jose). As promised, confirmation of the actual mileage on the R7. It has 1,061 Km on it, which is 663 miles (assuming 1.6 Km is 1 mile).
....So you know there's truth to what I speak..Let me know.

Take it to the streets.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts