Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Kawi riders aren't gonna like this /images/icons/smile.gif

I find it impressive that though this year's Gixxer 1000 is the same as last year's, it still puts up stiff competition with the R1 and the Blade.

Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Why wouldn't Kaw riders like this? It's exactly where we knew it would be. Dead last for the track. And in first place for longer street rides. It's also no suprise the riders were fighting over who rides the 9 on the long ride home. No new news here.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
I don't believe their reviews, I believe my own. The people that trust these things go out and buy the bike someone else picked out for them, sad but true. All 4 bikes are more than enough to put a smile on anyone's face, it just matters which suits you.

HP is a poor substitute for experience and ability.

·
Registered
4,166 Posts
Not unless you're like my friend:
"Aw man Kawasaki's should always be ranked top for track performance."

But Phukit is right. I get what I want, based on what I want.

Want kick-in-the-balls top speed and acceleration? Get a Hayabusa, ZX-12 or a Gixxer 1k.

Want the sharpest handling? Get a R1.

Want to be the minority in bike choice? Get a Buell, Triumph or an Aprilia.

Or whatever floats your boat. I still have to discriminate and persecute Harley's though....

Never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
ny2nj said it best:

That article only proves why these magazines are bullshit. It wasn't too long ago that the Gixxer was "Bike Of The Year" and now all of a sudden, it's 3rd place. The same bike that gave them their best track times is now unmanageable. I don't particularly care for the Gixxer and I prefer the R1 over the 954, but the magazines really need to start being a little more consistent with their reviews.

"The new GSX-R1000 satisfies every craving one could ever have for handling, speed, speed and more speed. Better than the R1? I'm afraid so. It seems to have more of everything everywhere, except at the very bottom of the RPM range. I can live with that."

-2WF.com on the 2001 Gixxer 1000

That was a post of his in the Honda board and hit the nail on the head.

Let other people be right sometimes...it soothes them for being nothing else!

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

If you ask us to pick a winner, it’s a very, very, tight decision. But if the keys to the four bikes were on the table and we could only taken one set, it would be the R1.

<hr></blockquote>

That says it all!

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Speak the truth Kevap! By the way Kevap my Micron scorched Ti will be here Monday...... Thanks for the pics you sent a while back. Mine came in a week ago and then I let someone else have it who begged for it at the shop http://www.tobefast.com. /images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
They also said about the R1,"It's in a similar league to the blade in both horsepower and torque terms,..." page 11

About the ZX9, "...(ZX9)has the horsepower to match the GSXR..." page 5.

According to them all 4 bikes have equal horsepower. Don't believe everything you read, trust yourself first.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
the ZX9 has the horsepower to match the Gix 1k????????/images/icons/shocked.gif

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Page 5. Silly, isn't it. I've noticed the seat on my 954 is starting to "break-in", now at 1500 miles, but they don't mention this kind of stuff out side of long term reviews.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts