Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
from AMA superbike:

If protests were airplanes, then Damon Buckmaster and his Yamaha would have looked like Pearl Harbor on Dec 7 after his Formula Extreme win at Fontana.

Several, make that many, Suzuki riders protested Buckmaster's R-1/R7 Graves Yamaha Formula Extreme machine based on language in the AMA Pro Racing rule book which does/does not allow the R7 chassis in Formula Extreme depending on your viewpoint and interpretation of the wording of said rule. Even some Honda riders were said to have protested Buckmaster and the Yamaha.

AMA Pro Racing will release a ruling on the situation this week, according to insiders.

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Why don't they just use the R1 chassis anyways? Can't it handle the power just as well?

HP is a poor substitute for experience and ability.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know this is not the first time they (Suzuki and the others :) ) complain about the R1/R7 controversy. I bet that AMA won't do anything in that matter.

I'm sure that in California it was more of luck due to Pridmore's misfortune. I won't deny that Buckmaster is a good rider, but is just that I feel Pridmore is a notch above him and given a season without crashes and/or injuries, he should take the championship with ease.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Somebody tell me when the next formula extreme race is coming on television. I only see world superbike and supersport. I want to see the big bikes go at it too. Gobert and Yates went at it the last race I saw, and it's crazy how suzukis dominate the track (or they just have a whole lotta' dang riders out there).

I'm so fast on my feet I don't need two wheels

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
There's a reason for that!!!

Let other people be right sometimes...it soothes them for being nothing else!

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Weren't there 53 Suzukis at Daytona?

HP is a poor substitute for experience and ability.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts