Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well I just got my 00 R1 off the dyno and am a little confused. It dynoed at 106 at the wheel and after a little work and a new Graves pipe and ram air it bumped it up to 118hp. Nice pick up but I have herd others say that there stock R1 are dynoing at 128-132 stock at the wheel. Is it because I am at a higher altitude "Denver"? I wouldn't think it would drop that much because of altitude. Has any body else dynoed there bike up here in Denver? Appreciate the input.

Go fast, then hit the juice!!!

·
Registered
16,056 Posts
Sounds like thier Dyno is a little ****ed up
Those are the 929's dyno numbers!!/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
376 Posts
My guess is 118 is about right at your elevation! I have never read any scientific data, but I have heard numbers like 6-25% for elevations of 2000-8500! So dont feel bad that is where most of my riding is lately!

·
Registered
16,056 Posts
All Saturday morning I'll be at the auto show.
I don't really know what time I'd get out but later then 10 I'm sure/images/icons/crazy.gif
Thanks for the offer though. We'll get together sometime

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
wow, the varying levels of dyno reports bugs me out, how does anyone know what they really have if there is no standard. i've seen a 9r wfull akra at 139.9 so your r1 should at least be a little higher than that....very odd indeed.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
HEAR YE, HEAR YE

ALL BIKES SHALL COME WITH AN INTEGRATED G-TECH DEVICE MOUNTED ON THEIR DASH BOARD...

This way you'll know how much horsepower you're getting all the time.

:)

But kidding aside, I think that those #s are about right for Denver.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Every damn dyno is different.... Our shop's nitrous r6 layed a 148 at the wheel in Pikeville, Kentucky then while in Daytona people were begging to see it run and it busted off a 123 right after that a piped busa did a 130 something the dude was whack and gave us the money back, in the begining he was telling us that a stock r6 should make about 123 hp dumb ass.... Anyways DynoJet 250 are nice dynos.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts