Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone replaced their chain guard. Any help on where to find one? I was thinking blue aluminum? Thanks.

01 R1

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
I got the Carbon fiber one from yamaha, but once i saw the
bike w/ out one, i never put it on.

Welcome to Las Vegas.....Now go home!!!!

·
Registered
16,056 Posts
You can't take you chain guard off!!! Thats unsafe!!!/images/icons/shocked.gif

I'm telling your moms!

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
How about no chain guard?

Clean your chain with WD40. Make sure you dry it good. This way you won't have any goo sticking to your fairing and/or pants and you'll be able to see a nice and shinny chain (just like the racers have).

The only draw back is that everytime you clean your bike you have to clean your chain and make sure you have no excess lube(WD40).

P.S. IMO, chainguards make your bike look too streetbike and I'm into making my bike look and perform as much as a competition sportsbike as I can without getting a ticket :) I'm defenatelly not into making my bike look like it belongs in a showroom with chrome up the jin-yan. Not that there is anything wrong with it. It's just my style.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thx for the advice, ill take it off first and see how i like it. Spring is here! Finally

01 R1

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
I've never thought of taking it off. how much of a problem is it with cleaning. i use chain wax for a lube. i lube it weekly. i notice grease on the fairing. it seams to me it would be more of a pain without the guard. any insight? thanks

U.S. ARMY

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Take it off!! Whoo hoo! /images/icons/laugh.gif
It really does look better. Just lube the chain after a ride and next time you go out it should be dry enough not to sling stuff all over the place.

My toys

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Unless you cake the stuff on you shouldn't have a problem w/
chain lube/wax being flung around. (at least i never have)
Every once in a while you'll have to wipe off a spot or two, but
nothing major.

Welcome to Las Vegas.....Now go home!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts