Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought a 2000 ZX6R with just abut 2000 miles on it, mint condition, it's my first sportbike and I was able to ride for about 45 minutes a few days ago and was wondering if you all had (when first started riding) experienced any soreness in your hip area near the joint of your hip and leg muscle from the position of your legs and and feet on the pegs. I was wondering if this is something you get used to by simply riding more, or if this is a common thing for beginners...Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
236 Posts
It might be that you are too tall or too short for the bike. And you do simply have to get used to riding. Congrats on the new bike.

G. Gunn

·
Registered
400 Posts
I get sore the day after track days, or a long day in the mountains. Mostly my thighs (quads).

Once in a while, I've gotten a cramp in my right hip while riding...

This may sound goofy...but stretch out before you ride. Before the last track day, I spent about 15 minutes loosening my legs up...just general stretching exercises.

<font color=red>http://www.GEORGIASPORTBIKE.com</font color=red>

·
Registered
327 Posts
Yeah, I get that alot. Mainly cause I'm about as flexible as a board. Try doing some stretching each night, and it should go away as you ride more.

·
Registered
3,002 Posts
aye, I had the same problem.

It (and all the other little aches and pains) will go away pretty quick.

"With Dr. Boogie, the diagnosis is always funk!"

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

This may sound goofy...but stretch out before you ride

<hr></blockquote>

Not goofy. Great advice!!!!
None of us want to, but if you ever fall off yer scooter flexibilty will reduce the likelyness of injury (just like in other sports).

As for the hip thing, are your pedals in the right place for you? I had to move mine quite a bit to get comfortable. Maybe to reach them you're putting strain on your hips. Just a thought.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
Yeah it's normal, you're sitting at angles not previously used to.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Ride a road-racing bicycle (just what you wanted to hear right /images/icons/smile.gif/images/icons/smile.gif). The position isn't too different than a sport bike.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Same thing happened to me when I started riding. Give yourself time and you'll build up a tolerance to it. Also the stretching is a great idea too.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Like everyone has said, this is normal, but will vary from person to person. The position is not very natural, therefore you legs, shoulders, hands, and back may feel some discomfort for a week to a month, depending on your weight and health.

Kaaaawwww Waaaaaaa Saaaaaaa Kiiiiii

1 - 12 of 12 Posts