Sportbike Racing Forum banner

Question Re: 02 R-1 and Exhaust Backfire..

1K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  OldFatGuy 
#1 ·
So queston for all... Have the 02 R-1 with Micron Slip-on and Power Commander III.

So riding today I noticed that if you let off the Throttel at about 8-10000 RPM before a turn, while slowing down I get a backfire or two that are pretty damm loud.

I just got the pipe so not much build up yet, could this be the issue ?

Or I just recently loaded a MAP for my PCIII for a 02 R-1 with a TBR slipon. I got it from Dyno-Jet because they did not have a map yet for the Micron but they said the TBR map would be fine. I guess I could go back to the stock 02 R-1 map tomorrow and see if that helps but I was curious if anyone had an idea.

Thanks in advance...

J

See less See more
#6 ·
Bring your bike in and have it dyno tuned with a custom map. Every bike is different so downloading just any ol' map just is not going to cut it if you want it done the right way. Trust me on this one!!!

Let other people be right sometimes...it soothes them for being nothing else!

#10 ·
A properly tuned bike will hardly pop at all with a free flowing exhaust. if they are loud like you stated then the mixture is off for sure...TRUST ME. my bike can engine brake from redine and i get a few very small pops at the 3-4k range sometimes not every time.

#11 ·
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

You will get backfires with any type of aftermarket exhaust as the pipe is MUCH more free flowing then the stock.

<hr></blockquote>

I have an F4i with a Akra full system and it's never backfired even when I've tried to make it do so.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.