Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I bought this 929 with a PCIII. It's a serial model. It had a Remus half-pipe on it before, but I had him put the stocker on (I don't like pipes), so now the jetting is off.

My question is, is using this PCIII pretty straightforward? I downloaded the "stock" map from the Dynojet website, but I haven't done anything else. I'm assuming I just install the software on my laptop, connect it to the PCIII and somehow load the stock map, but I've never used this software before or done this.

I'm pretty computer savvy, but any advice or walkthroughs would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
My assumption is that if you remove the PC the ECU will use the stock map (you may have to turn the bike off and on a few times once removed). I think that the ECU will correct itself when ever booted up (or the PC bypasses the ECU) so when you remove the PC, the stock map will load. Main reason why I say this is because if the PC burns the map in the memory, 10 (random number) people could use 1 PC and load maps on their bike with it. And there would be no need to keep it wired in.

To simplify: Unplug the battery then unplug the PC. Then plug back in the battery & turn your bike off and on and let it idle a couple of times. Then start your bike and give it a spin. If there is a difference in performance then the stock map is now being used. If no performance varied then the map didnt change and you will need to load the stock map.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
If you remove the Pc your bike will use the stock map , but if you want to use the PC you will have to load the stock map on it , the PC bypasses the ECU. Also the stock map from dynojet is usually a little better tweeked with some gaines over the one in the factory ECU

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
JoshN - If you have the stock map on your computer with the program, connect the serial cable to your computer and the PCIII, pull up the map in the program (load file). Once this is done you need to start the bike up (you will then see the RPM's changing, showing the current RPM) at this point you can load your map into the PCIII.
Now that being said when I first got my bike I downloaded the map in the PCIII before doing anything so I had what was in there, but I also didn't change the pipe. If the bike is running and you are connected to the PCIII and have the Control Center opened (software) you will see where you can save off the settings.

·
Registered
961 Posts
You can just install the ZERO map for the PC3. Much easier than messing with removal. Unless you just want it out. I've mine set to the ZERO map (runs just like stock) as there are no current maps that make my bike happy & I don't have $350 to drop on a dyno tune. Oh well, good thing mine was only $100 on closeout <---now I know why.

·
Registered
429 Posts
also, there is a clip on the wiring harness (probably somewhere by the front / left section of the bike, kinda by the radiator) where the PC connects in line with the computer. if you want to ditch the PC and go back to stock, unclip the PC and reconnect the stock connection.

·
Registered
4,641 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
UCSBf4 said:
also, there is a clip on the wiring harness (probably somewhere by the front / left section of the bike, kinda by the radiator) where the PC connects in line with the computer. if you want to ditch the PC and go back to stock, unclip the PC and reconnect the stock connection.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, on the 929, the plug is under the gas tank on the right side. It's kind of a PITA to connect/disconnect it. But I think what he was looking for was information on how to load a stock map, not how to remove the PCIII and I think somebody else already answered that. I think there are some instructions on Dynojet's website and I think they're also in the help file in the Control Center software.

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for everyone's advice. I want to keep the PCIII, but I'm not going to tune the injection, just run stock. I just want it to be good, I don't care about a few hp here or there as this bike has more than I need anyway.

·
eStarbucks
17,313 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
JoshN said:
Thanks for everyone's advice. I want to keep the PCIII, but I'm not going to tune the injection, just run stock. I just want it to be good, I don't care about a few hp here or there as this bike has more than I need anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't want the Zero map: you want the Stage1 Stock map.

Zero map is for going back to effectively NO map.
Stage 1 Stock map smoothes out the bad dip in the fuel curve and overall improves rideability. It's for the stock set-up (no pipe, stock air filter etc...)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts