Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the members of my club has a EX500. Because the club intends on doing a number of road trips we are curious how this bike will stand up on the road. Will it be able to keep up with 600 and up that are cruising at 80 to 100 mph? What is the performance like? She is really concerned that she will not be able to hang. Does anyone have any info for us?

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
as long as they're not totally flying, she'll be able to keep up....if they're goin nuts just gotta make sure they wait up for her after a lil while, that's what real riders do, who wants to ditch a riding buddy for the long haul like that. just tell her to ride at her own pace, and to explain to the others that that's what she's gonna do, if they say they want to go faster, it's gonna be a bummer. But yeah she'll prolly be buzzing along at high rpms all day

·
Registered
198 Posts
I ride with an FJ 1200 all the time (I have a GSXR 1100) and there's a good friend of ours that comes along sometimes who has an EX 500 and he never has trouble... `course, it's not like we *try* to leave him in the dust, but we don't hafta go slower than we're comfortable and we never hafta wait for him. We almost *never* exceed the speed limit by more than 20mph, usually less than that... the EX 500 can do 125mph or a little more flat-out so yeah, I'd say 80-100mph would be within reason... I hope at least ONE of ya'all has a radar detector though...

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
The EX500 (my first bike, btw) should be able to do about 120 mph or so, so it shouldn't have any trouble keeping up.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Ya she should be good to go. When I ride with "others" I ride with a group of R1's and 929's, there faster then me (duh) but it's not like I'm miles behind! If I'm going 90 its not like my bikes crying for me to slow down, plus it's pretty comfy to ride.

Evil Temptress

1 - 6 of 6 Posts