Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up gents, ladies. I wandered over here from the honda forum....I know booo hisssss LOL.

Listen a friend of mine went with me to the bike shop tonight, and fell IN LOVE with the new zzr 1200. Do you guys have any input on this bike? The dealer said it only hit the store on tuesday, so about 2 days ago..My buddy is a pretty big guy, and has owned bikes before, so this is deffinatly not a first..Preferably im just looking for input on the bike. Thanks man.

G

·
Registered
266 Posts
It's an awesome bike. I have an old ZX10 which works quite nicely. I don't know how big your friend is, but I am 6', 220lb, & I the 10 is roomy. I've sat on the ZZR & it's roomier still - should be no problem - nothing else out there like it, either. It's been in the dealers' for a few weeks up here - finally saw a Pearl Mystic Black one today, & while I'm from the "once you go black you'll never go back" philosophy, the silver one is definitely the way to go. It's geared more for torque than the old ZX11, but still has apparently 150 crank hp, so should still lay down 130 at the rear wheel. And, hard luggage by Givi will be available. Hard to beat a Kawi - I was considering another Kawi, & a friend said to me "Well, you've been beating the sh!t out of the ZX10 for over 10 years, & it hasn't broke!" I'm sure the ZZR is an awesome bike - can't wait to read the articles.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks alot Jammer. Its funny what you said about the black one. My friend is a die-hard black bike typa guy, and he wants the silver as well. I agree too. Thanks for the input!

G

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
It's a Concours on steroids. /images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
geez, why did they bend the exhaust pipe like that? it looks like its broken! They should have just kept it runing with the same lines as the tail... otherwise cool bike.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah I hear ya kprime, thats the only thing I didnt like, and they bend out a little too, which might lead to a little can scratching LOL.

G

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
Its bent like that to allow for low passenger foot pegs.

When i think about what sort of bike I would really like my ZX-12R to be, I start thinking, better wind protection, taller bars, better seat, lower foot pegs, more grunt in the bottom and midrange, never mind the top end. What am I looking at? a ZZR-1200.....

__
Life is precious. Treasure it.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

geez, why did they bend the exhaust pipe like that? it looks like its broken! They should have just kept it runing with the same lines as the tail...

<hr></blockquote>

Don't forget it's intended purpose! throw some soft bags over the seat and that pipe will be just fine.

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
no doubt the 12 is faster and handles better. But is it a better bike? I have grave doubts. Its been my experience that excellence is rarely found superficially. Thats not to say that I am going to trade/sell the 12 in favor of the ZZ-R1200. The 12 is my baby and here to stay. I am only aknowledging that I am moving toward motorcycles that are designed to be useful and enjoyable for more than massaging the ego.

SV650s, ZZR-1200s, VFR800s, FZ-1s, ZRX1200s, etc etc are all sensible bikes and I am really starting to like sensible bikes. I love the 12 and intend to own it for a very long time, but unless I move some place where there is hours of Nurburgring grade riding starting 10 minutes from my doorstep, Its likely my last pure sportbike.

__
Life is precious. Treasure it.

·
Registered
3,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thank you shotimer!! I mean I love sport bikes, dont get me wrong, I love them to death, but my friend was never too into them. Thats why this is a great bike for him, it has that sport/touring thing going (little of both worlds)..I just hate to see guys saying "ohhhhh, you cant go 4000 miles an hour on that" or "Man, I'd like to see you pull a turn at 180 on that thing" all I have to say to guys like that is get a grip on yourself man! /images/icons/smile.gif These are the same guys that have 1 inch chicken strips on their tires when there replacing them because the MIDDLE is worn out..

Bottom line: I think its a nice bike, especially for the money, and thanks for your input, good and bad /images/icons/smile.gif

G

·
Registered
882 Posts
Yeah I agree with G-man. Bragging rights are a bit silly if you ask me, I mean, really, how often do you really need to run a bike at 100% anyway, and how many people actually do? I say, either go get rid of your squared-off-chicken-stripped-tire riding style or shut up with your lame 'it's not a sport bike' comments. People like that are annoying, and generally lacking in self-confidence anyway.

I think sports-tourers are the next big thing, we will see more and more of them. They just make more sense in the real world.

Einstein says high speed slows time, so go fast, stay young!
http://home.satx.rr.com/jroberts

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
I agree with what you said Sho.
I know sportbikes are not that practical.
So should everyone here. Now whether it is just the
fact that I don't want to feel old, or what, I am not sure.
I thought about a sporttouring type bike instead of my 12.
But I just couldn't do it.
Would I add a touring or sporttouring bike to my garage
now that I have the 12, definately.

Is winter over yet?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts