Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a bit excited so had to vent. I accomplished what I wanted to do this weekend and with the F4i. I ran 1:24's on my old F2 and broke into the teens with a second or two to spare. Ran some 1:18's and 1:19's. Which is top 8 places or so in a race there. So hopefully with some minor adjustments to my suspension I can get another sec or so and get into the top 5's.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Cool man.Question for ya.I'm gettin into the whole track thing with my 600.What kind of tires are you running and how long are they lasting you?I ran a set of Mettzler rennsport race compounds.Did 137 miles on a track day.Tore em up pretty good.They will probably be good for 1500-2000 street miles but no way will they make another track day.I'de love to be able to get 2 track days out of a set of tires since they cost about 300 bucks a set.Any suggestions?

Hangup that damn cellphone and drive!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I believe it did rain Sat. a bit not sure didn't go, Sun. it rained early that morning and was wet I guess during the morning hours for a while. I decided to just wait to go up there at noon since I only live 45mins from there. It was nice when I got there.
Tires, I ran Dunlop 208's for the first time. They were frickin awesome, stuck like glue and I was using a cold suspension setup, hence the main reason I went was to adjust it in. I used Tyrsox tire warmers so tires last a bit longer with them, since you don't have cool cycled the tires. What kills tires is getting hot, then cold, then hot, then cold. So with tire warmers they always stay warm so they last longer. Now I ran like 4 sessions I think, and I could probably get 2 or maybe 3 practice sessions before a race but that would be pushing it, and adjusting your suspension for worn tires is a no no!
Squeezing a few more seconds out. Yah I know if I can get some minor things taken care of on my suspension I can pick up another sec for sure, prolly any after that will come from me just running faster in a few places I was slower at.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts