Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yaw'll,

I just brought home a beautiful Liquid Silver R1!!!! I just have to say it's the most beautiful thing in the world!!!

For those of you who have a 2002 R1, have you noticed that there is a bit of handlebar buzz. I have an 2001 R6 too and there is absolutely no buzz on it at all. I just want to know if this is normal.

John

·
Registered
7,835 Posts
John You LUCKY BASTARD !!!!/images/icons/cool.gif
CONGRATS!!!!
( Keep this one for a while!!! ) /images/icons/wink.gif

·
Registered
566 Posts
Congrats....you'll get a lot of looks on that Bike. Yes I did notice a little buzz, but it was just for a little while or maybe I have just gotten used to it, but I don't notice it anymore.

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
I just got off the phone with Yamaha and they advised that due to the blue being the most powerful of all the Yamaha lineup that the enhanced engine tune causes no bar vibration like in the other models. That would explain the vibration your both feeling.

http://www.tobefast.com

·
Registered
428 Posts
Spiderman, I have heard the same thing about the Blue R6's. It seems that Yamaha feels the <font color=blue>BLUE</font color=blue> models are of higher quality thus no complaints from the owners. /images/icons/wink.gif

Congrats on your new ride John, break her in slow and then make her give you everything she's got.

Ride Safe,
Jen

<font color=blue>YAMAHA R6 - PURE PLEASURE</font color=blue>

·
Registered
566 Posts
you both are just too hilarious....I think the vibration is there due to the Silver being so powerful it is hard to contain the power..

·
Registered
7,780 Posts
Holzeif,

That is why I opted for the silver beauty as well. I also heard that the paint is some unobtabium design to refract radar being that the liquid silver bike is regrettably more powwwwwwerful than the rest of its brethren. It needs all the technology possible to refrain from being detected by the local constabulary.

Standing still it looks like it is WOT... Need I say more

There is all this chit chat on the Blue being the dominant color, but that will prove to be moot here shortly.

Silver RULES...

all in Jest,
~A

Don't BRAKE till you see the whites of their eyes, oh yeah remind me which is the brake lever again

·
Registered
99 Posts
Maybe some Pro-grips gel grips will help reduce the buzz, give it atry ($10).

New 2001 Black FZ1!

·
Registered
352 Posts
retorque all of the bolts holding the clip-ons to the forks. I noticed a slight buzz, so I did a double check, and it turns out that I was missing a bolt, and the bolt above it was about to fall out.

·
Registered
43 Posts
yeah,
everyone should check this out. The r1 I'm about to pick up had those fall out. According to the dealer, he said the factory didn't torque the bolts correctly and the fell off during shipment. I thought he was covering for his mechanic, but since it seems that someone else had this problem, it may be more common. This was on the same side as Rookie's as well.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Just to let you guys in on a little secret so you know what the dealers are trying to do to you... The R1's come completely built except for the windscreen and... Yup... The right clipon is loose and turned in like a folded mirror to fit in the box. So essentially all the setup morons have to do is put a dam windscreen on and move and tighten the right clipon, which apparently from the looks of the posts above they can't seem to handle that.

And R1's are buzzy bikes... Nature of the beast I guess. You should feel a ZX12R.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Spiderman your my <font color=blue>TRUE</font color=blue> Superhero now /images/icons/cool.gif

I'm so hyped, this is better then Christmas. I love the hell out of my new sig image that you, so creatively, designed. I take it Winko forwarded my PM begging for a sig image to go with my new esport title.
/images/icons/smile.gif Thank you so much /images/icons/smile.gif

I did figured out the reason why some of you guys are buying the Silver instead of the true <font color=blue>Yamaha Blue</font color=blue>. Perhaps all the silver owners are color blind, it's just a thought..../images/icons/wink.gif (J/K)...but <font color=blue>BLUE STILL RULES</font color=blue>

Ride safe no matter
what color your on
Jen

<font color=blue>YAMAHA R6 - PURE PLEASURE</font color=blue>

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
actually, winko didn't forward nothing,, lol... I was letting my 4 year old daughter (teaching her) how to color things on the computer and she begged to go to the Dragon Tales website /images/icons/laugh.gif. We downloaded a black and white coloring page and did what you see. She begged to color the eyes blue and it reminded me of you.... So there you have it.. I emailed that story to your email addy in your profile... lol..... Here's the large version...

http://www.tobefast.com

·
Registered
93 Posts
JihnnieR6

When I moved up from my R6 to a 2001 R1, I couldn't believe the vibration. I was on a mission to find out why. But what it really is, is that it's not so much handle vibration on the R1, it just that the R6 has none. It's like a sewing machine, smooth as silk. So when you move to an R1 you to freak out wondering if it's normal. I asked everyone around who had an R1 about it and they said that while they felt it at first, they simply didn't notice it anymore. Seems to be a R1 thing so don't worry about it.

Take care of your silver beauty.

R1- Pure Rocket Science

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey guys & girls,

Thanks for the congratulations.

For those of you who gave me some advice on the vibrations, Thanks!!

I'll check the bolts to make sure that they are within spec. I actually had a 2001 R1 too and it had more buzz than the R6 but not too bad. This one seems to buzz more, kind of like my 1995 Honda CBR F3.

Since I still have a Blue R6 and a Silver R1, I must say that both colors are equally fast. The red one might be a tad slower though!!!

Just Kidding!

Jimmie, Whaasssuup!! How's things, I'll email you and Bert the picture of my new R1. Drop me a line and tell me what's new in sunny Socal.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Congrats Johnnie. That is one sweet bike. Enjoy and be safe.

Regards,

JoBu

I hope that after I die, people will say of me: "That guy sure owed me a lot of money."

1 - 20 of 21 Posts