Sportbike Racing Forum banner

Prothunder Firebolt

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Buelligan 
Who is that?. He put on a great show in the 750SS race, held off more than a few GSXR 750s and really impressed me. I like V-twin sounds but the bike was just a bit too raspy at full throttle for my liking, can't argue with the power that loud exhaust allowed for though /images/icons/wink.gif.

Take care,
Gregory

I could have been a squid, but I was too busy posing.

I know of him, I just didn't know that he was on that particular bike. There weren't any 748s running in 750SS, but now that you mention it, maybe they should have, they would have had a nice showing. I am betting they have probably tried in the past but were blocked by AMA ruling or something. I am glad the Buell was in there, the race for the lead was boring and it was nice seeing the Buell out there mixing it up on the track. When we first saw it in the race we were wagering on how long it would last before it started smoking as they usually do in the past, but it held up just fine and it was a Suzuki that was actually blowing smoke /images/icons/laugh.gif.

Take care,
Gregory

I think he meant DOT rubber as in treaded street legal tires, which of course race slicks are not.

Cicotto finished 2nd in the Pro-Thunder race, I don't know his position in the 750SS race as I have no way of keeping track of who is on what lap etc. You could do a lot worse than checking the AMA website for final results.

Take care,
Gregory

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.