Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just installed my pc3 and now my bike wont start. anyone have this issue. when i press the starter button, u can here a clicking sound but it will not turn over. almost seems like the battery is dead, but i had the bike running just a few hours before i installed the pc. i checked to make sure the are no cuts in the wires, and also that the wires had enough slack so they dont get pinched or stretched. also checked to make sure the plugs were fully engaged and connected to the right stock harness plugs.
this is installed on a 2003 zx6rr. any help would be appriciated.

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
probably a bad conection , ground or hot i dont remember with one that you had to hook up to the battery for the pc3 install , check that

·
Registered
6,608 Posts
the fuse attached to the solanoide , just follow the pos battery cable to it , that would be my next idea. Did you mount the connection for the PC in top of below the normal battery connection

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
I've got the same bike and PCIII usb - never had any problems. I'd have to think that there's either a bad connection or something similar.

Check your battery if you haven't yet - if it tests okay double check your work eveywhere else.

And you didn't try starting it in a condition that doesn't satisfy all the saftey switches, did you :wink: - I've done that before, so no insult intended :lol:

·
eScreaming Dizbuster
12,112 Posts
If you hear a clicking noise when engaging the starter switch, it's almost certainly coming from the solenoid. That means the fuses and cutout switches are ok, and the problem is low voltage at the starter, due either to a discharged battery or poor connection.

You need a voltmeter to diagnose faults like this. You can buy a suitable digital multimeter and set of alligator clips for the leads at Radio Shack for no more than $25. If you don't know how to use it, you can do a search for one of my Tech posts on the subject using the phrase "voltage drop", or just ask me.

If I were to just guess, I'd say it's a battery connection like Terrasmak suggested.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i dont have a volt meter to check it. tried jumping starting it off of my friends bike, didnt work. also checked the 2 15 amp fuses by the battery. didnt check the fuse inline with the + battery cable. also made sure that everything is in the right positions to start it up (neutral, kill switch in on position). after i turn the key to the on position and the tach cycles through and all the buzzing stops, i try starting it and all i here is a steady clicking noise. engine doesnt even turn over. the pc ground is on top of the - battery terminal held in place by the bolt.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Completely remove the PC including the PC ground wire and reconnect all stock connectors. Start bike. If it is good to go then you know something was amiss with the PC. Try reconnecting the PC and try again. If same thing, get new PC.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts