Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After installing the PCIIIR on my bike and playing with the maps, I found that none of the maps changed the ignition timing at all. And I was curious as to why that is. What is the purpose of having the ability to change them, if none of the maps provided actually change the timing. Is there anything anyone recommends as far as changing the timing, or is it better to leave it alone. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,879 Posts
I presume you're doing the "load all" as opposed to just "load map" option thing right? I don't have the program up in front of me, but, you can EITHER load the map that you are looking at, at that moment, OR, load BOTH maps. Different buttons.

I think that most Dynajet maps do not have timing in them. Usually the timing maps come from someone who has been on a dyno session, or just set it up themselves.

You can do that manually. Just plug in a bunch of 2's to start, up to 3, 4 or even 5, then roll off just a degree or two at redline. Make sense?

It should make your throttle a bit more 'responsive', or 'crisp'.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
On the map there should be a Fuel Table and and Ignition Table, in the ignition table is there a change made? If so once you load the mad you can then pull the map off the PCIIIr to see what is in the system. This is how I check to see what is in there. I also always save the file in there before doing anything to make sure I have a backup.

I have a couple maps I bought on ebay for $5 I ended up not using them with my setup (K&N and Arka Ti Full Race). They have some ignition advancing in them so if you want to check them out PM me your email and I will send them to you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.