Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody powder coated their frame and swing arm on the R1? If so, please post your pictures.
Thanks.

It's all fun and games untill somebody looses a knee puck.

·
Registered
7,835 Posts
There's a used 2001 for sale at the local shop. It has a powder-coated frame/swingarm and it looks GREAT!! It also has a Solo Tail.
So - Are you going to make the trip to Cali in a couple weeks?

·
Registered
7,835 Posts
The husky romance novel model with the flowing locks from the "I can't believe it's not butter" ads!/images/icons/wink.gif/images/icons/laugh.gif
Seriously - A group of guys from Vegas are coming out and Fabio lives there.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really havent been arround the "inner circle" to know about what's been going on in regards to the Cali trip...What part of Cali are you guys going to?

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So nobody has had their frame and swing arm powder coated? Any pictures?

·
Registered
5,356 Posts
go to the suzuki board and look at "yay or nay" there a gsxr powder coated blue frame. just for looks? to get a idea

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
i know a place where you can get it done and done professionally and i've got some pictures of bikes (yams/r1's) with it done, but unfortunately... none are mine... :( so i don't know if that's what your looking for specifically...?

·
Registered
254 Posts
This was posted on the R1 forum last week, and I thought I had spent alot of money. The frame does look good.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ShamaR1, Thanks for the info. Now I just need to find a place a little closer to home.

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
your welcome... keep in mind though... quality work might be well worth the UPS postage...? :) i don't suppose, standard ground would be more than 30-50 bucks. don't get me wrong... not to imply that's cheap though... LOL

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yea you are right. If it is going to be done right, might as well do it right the first time...I just wish I would have done all this in the winter!

·
eCancelChristmas
13,805 Posts
yeah, that's always ideal. there's a few regular guys on here though out of vegas (i can't remember their screen names at the moment, arrrgghh)... they may know of someone local to the nevada area. i'll PM you when i remember if someone here doesn't say them in the meantime. i believe there usually over in the honda forum. if push comes to shove, you know as well as i, there's certainly a multitude of places back over in so-cal... :) mind you, i have no clue how far away vegas is from so-cal... LOL but looking at a map on my wall, it doesn't look that far down 15 to LA...???

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Fabio- The only reason your not in the "inner-circle" is because
of YOUR SHORT LEASH!!!!!!!/images/icons/wink.gif
I have some High-Temp BBQ paint, we can try that??!!!/images/icons/laugh.gif

Welcome to Las Vegas.....Now go home!!!!

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Damn thats cold!! Hey isn't it past your bed time!!

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
My friend had his B/R/S 750 frame powder coated black and it looks sweet. He said it was only like $230 to have it done. I might do that to mine.

My toys

1 - 20 of 21 Posts