Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,878 Posts
Re: Over-jeans Knee Pucks?

I know nothing of the type of thing youre asking for but maybe someone else has. Until then heres what you can do. Buy dirt bike kneed pads to wear under the jeans for protection, or over if you like. And as for the knee puck.. ive seen this done by a few people .. tape it to youre knee!!!!! LoL hey.. whatever works. Funny you mention power rangers.. someone called me that today.

<font color=red>Ride Red</font color=red>

·
Registered
8,573 Posts

You can get a set at Slider Woman:

http://www.sliderwoman.com

Look at "Soks", they're the company that makes 'em...I personally think you'd be better off with some plain black leather pants with armor and pucks..No funky graphics, just solid black. Knee sliders would be nice for draggin around a corner, but they're not gonna do crap to protect you in a crash.

Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup

·
Registered
2,180 Posts

I think this stuff will be right up your alley. Bohn makes armored shirts and pants that you can wear under regular clothes (plus, it'll make you look extra muscular to help prevent the harrassment you seem to be getting /images/icons/wink.gif). Here's a link to their pants: http://www.actionstation.com/body_armour2.html#Pants

If you wear these under some Draggin' Jeans, you should be pretty well set.

·
Registered
4,147 Posts

If your "cuttin' up" on the back roads, you'll need more than kneepads/sliders to save your skin.... no flames.

If I'm leaning far enough to get my knee down, I'd prefer to be wearing leathers...

M.

·
Registered
3,878 Posts

Hes right.. your safety is more important then what others think or do. Im not one to stand for ignorance.. if i lived where you did all that would change REAL quick. "...I'll [smack] teach you [smack] to call me a [smack] power ranger......... [smack][smack] !"

Realistically im not skilled enough and dont ride hard enough to drag knee yet but i still go out in full leathers when i know im goin to canyons or twisties. You'll be happy you did when the time comes.. god forbid!

<font color=red>Ride Red</font color=red>

·
Registered
2,273 Posts

well said nem! If your riding that hard you should suit up. Save your skin bro!

"I am Jack's high-speed adrenaline rush."

·
Registered
187 Posts

What part of the world is this?Remind me to never go there.Knee pucks do help in a crash,thats of course if they are mated with a bad ass leather suit!!
Personally I would laugh more if I seen someone wearin those stupid things.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts