Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently riding a zx9r with a leo vince full exhaust system...I told a friend I love it but I kind of want it a little louder... When I come by I want it to scream.. He said I could take the baffler out...not that he likes that sound but I could do it...Now do you reccommend it? Is it going to sound like a race bike on a track, or is it going to sound like a piece of garbage? Is this something that normally is done to bikes or something that is going to sound stupid...I hear some exhaust sound loud like on the highway from like 3 miles away is this want I am going to sound like or is it going to be so shitty no one likes it?

·
Registered
527 Posts
I don't think you'll like the sound. How many miles does the exhaust have on it? It'll get louder after a couple of thousand miles.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Trust me after an hour in the saddle you will appreciate the baffle. Leave it alone with time the packing will loosing up,or disappear mysteriously making it louder.

nothin exceeds like excess

·
Registered
7,824 Posts
i wouldn't unbaffle it, or do anything crazy, why do you want it that loud? i almost wish my bike was quieter..why? my fookin parents can hear me from 2-3 miles from my house crankin it on a straightaway...and that's not good, that also means that johnny law could hear that if he really listened and be waiting to take me to jail for some 100+ antics....just an idea.

·
Registered
633 Posts
Before you do anything, have a friend ride your bike by you with the revs high on acceleration and deceleration. I think you will be very surprised at how loud it truly is when you are not on the bike going down the road wearing a helmet. Race bikes are not that much louder. I have heard many street sport bikes with louder pipes than race bikes.

I'm Not a Pessimist, I'm a Realist!
Kaaaawwww Waaaaaaa Saaaaaaa Kiiiiii

·
Registered
388 Posts
"Super,Super" loud pipes don't do motorcycle riders any favors in the eyes of the non-motorcycle riding public. It only gives us a preconceived reputation as trouble makers.
Yes, I admit it, I have a Scorpion Bolt-on, but it's really not that loud until you hit the high RPM's. A little noise is nice, but I wouldn't over-do it. I think you'd be asking for trouble from the cops.
Only my opinion though! /images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts