Sportbikes Motorcycle Racing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally installed my Dussault undertail (looks good too/images/icons/cool.gif) on Saturday, and by the time I finally finished, I didn't have the patience to figure out how to make a bracket for the license plate. So, I put the plate in the little trunk and went on my 30 mile journey home.

I figured I'd come back to my computer to ask you all what to do before I start drilling holes in that pretty thing. Any suggestions?

Oh yeah, one more thing... I also bought those blue LED tag bolts, so if you have any ideas on how/where to hook the wires to, that would be helpful too.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
I went a brought a backing from a Harley store for the plate and attached it directly to the undertail. Used some lockwashers and nuts and called it a day. It's been on for about a year now and 10,000 miles and hasn't moved an inch.

Of course I've had 2 tails and should have a new one soon, blinker relay friend and my directionals are non-existant. But it looks so good. /images/icons/crazy.gif

·
Registered
553 Posts
i used the stock mounting plate from the unertail, and bolted it on.

Yes my motorcycle is fast..
No you can't ride it!

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
Ditto here with what JonnyBlaz did. Drilled two holes in the plate area and installed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts