Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, let's get down to the real dirt. Anyone know of any good (free) places to go ride that aren't half way to Vegas? I'm in the greater L.A. area and I've heard rumors of places where you can just go ride, but I want to know which of these are real and exactly how to get there. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
Jay the drive to Barstow where i have been going really isnt that bad :smirk: Takes me about an hour 15 minutes from the time i leave my driveway from Hacienda Heights. There is a road that i saw the last time i was coming home about 15 minites before the outlets that i was going to try next time i go. Let me know when your ready and ill drive... :808922-fiddy: :808922-fiddy: :808922-fiddy: :808922-fiddy:

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Jason, well, I do know of a place out by Ontario, that is a lot closer. I had heard that there were some places up by the 118 somewhere above topanga canyon road. Let's go ride man. I got my XR100.

·
Registered
3,696 Posts
im ready to go when you are, just tell me when... My little bike is under construction at the moment but i can have it all back together pretty quick to go for a ride. i havent been riding since i went to havasu about 2 months ago... and i havnt raced in the last 2 months so im getting a little itchy to go riding... :808922-fiddy: :waytogo:

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Jason, I'm going in for another surgery on Friday. Kidney stones this time. I got a couple of plastic tubes in me for the last week and a half. Those, combined with the 2 inch kidney stones are making dirt riding a little on the uncomfortable side at the moment. I will still have the big stone and the tubes after this surgery on friday, but I need to start riding again if I am going to make the last two races of the year. So I will let you know how things are going after I get out of the hospital.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
ya know Jas, I might just try that with a regular big sized kidney stone, you know the 7-10 mm ones. But I just don't see a 2 INCH stone just flying out. Even if it did, I don't think my Johnson would ever be the same again. :shocked:

Actually, I just had one of the tubes that was in me taken out today, so I am maybe looking to go riding this weekend. Somewhere kinda flat, nothing major, just a chance to get back on the bike. I can't get too crazy, I still have another tube in me and that big stone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts