Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Next time say this: "Here is the money for the pizza and here is your tip...don't fart, you might have to sh!t" :lol:

When I used to deliver, 2 to 3 bucks was about the norm. Sometimes all I would get was a tip like mentioned above. Dude should feel lucky you give him anything.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Yea, thats BS. If he shows back up don't tip him. If after that your pizza is cold, call and complain to the manager.

For crappy service they get nothing, 1-2 pizzas with normal service, I'll tip 2-3 bucks, if they go out of the way to get here quick or get lost or something(my house is kinda hard to find) I'll go to 5. If I order 30 pizza's or something for a party then I'll go up from there.

·
Registered
7,177 Posts
I've worked for tips - I usually hit 'em with ~20% which works out to $2-3 bucks on average.

The guy giving you a look was out of line - that's not going to get more money and it's easy to find alternative. If you had stiffed him that would be one thing, but you tipped.

G

·
I always tip the pizza man with a bit of advice also. Something like "Watch out for robbers, they might take other peeps tip from you, then you woun't have anything." :waytogo:

·
Premium Member
24,352 Posts
It depends for me. Most of the time, I tip okay (The pizza joint is just up the road, and I'm being too damn lazy to get the pizza myself, the least I can do is give the guy a tip) but if the pizza delivery person is looking a little rough around the edges, and thier appearance put them first in line at the local soup kitchen, NO TIP FOR YOU! 6 MONTHS!

G

·
:lol:My tips depend on if it's a woman and how fine she is.
If she looks like this than i give her beauty advice...

If she looks like this, than i might give her as much as $100.

·
Registered
228 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
mikev7 said:
:lol:My tips depend on if it's a woman and how fine she is.
If she looks like this than i give her beauty advice...

If she looks like this, than i might give her as much as $100.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unfortunately, the first guy is what usually delivers pizza. The girl would only be delivering until the first house or so. Someone would swipe that off the street in a heartbeat.

Tips are tips. I usually give 20%, if they give me stinkeye they get change and their manager gets a call from hell. I have had someone tell me I was cheap (gave the dude like 25%) so I said "let me correct that" and in exchange gave him a nickel and a "move the f*ck on, pal". Ingrate.

·
eMotoMech
10,641 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
OldBikezx-10 said:
I usually tip the pizza man 2-3 dollars tops but the other night he looked at me like a cheapskate and kept his hand out for a second.
SHould I start giving more or was this guy being a dick?

[/ QUOTE ]

I would'a slapped the guy /wwwthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif I'm a good tipper at restaurants, but fook the delivery people...I give them minimal tip along with their minimal wage :laugh:

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
SHould I start giving more or was this guy being a dick?

[/ QUOTE ]

When I used to deliver (like 6 years ago), anything over $10, I'd be happy with $2. $20+, I'd expect 3. Anything over $4 for a "regular" order (couple pizzas, perhaps a 2 liter) was big bucks.

I once had to go back to my car to get some guy $0.18 change.

I quit the job because I found myself becoming bigoted towards certain nationalities, races, and socioeconomic groups based on how they tipped.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Ninjaslayer said:
[ QUOTE ]
homeless_cq said:
Care to share your findings....?

[/ QUOTE ]Probably cheap a** college students is the result huh....... :grin:

[/ QUOTE ]

Bastard.... :bird: :bird:
Actually I am quite generous with my money. I figure if me giving someone and extra dollar or two will make them happy, then why not? But if they did a crappy job or are a$$holes, then screw-em :808876-nono:

For example, I won $450 in a poker tourneyment the other day, came home and took the roomies out drinking and blew $150 on them. Would most of them do the same....no. But I don't care. But now I have a comeback for when I come home wasted and eat their frozen pizza. :waytogo: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Ninjaslayer said:
Probably cheap a** college students is the result huh....... :grin:

[/ QUOTE ]

It was a college town, but that didn't seem to have TOO much of an effect on how people tipped. I wouln't get the huge $4+ tips from college kids too often, but otherwise, their tipping pretty much fell right in with the non-collge folks.

[ QUOTE ]
homeless_cq said:
Care to share your findings....?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really. You can pretty much guess the "results" though. Standard stereptypes apply.

Needless to say, it was very confusing at the time, and still is today, to some degree. Like most people, my whole life I had been exposed to various stereotypes and generalizations, and I had run into people (some of them relatives) that were uncomfortably bigoted. But like most people, I had been taught my whole life that I shouldn't be predjudiced and bigoted, becuase it wasn't based on anything other than hatred. I had been taught to give all strangers the same amount of respect and courtesey.

But what I found was that the supposedly 'hate based' predjudices--especially the common ones--were based on very concrete reality. What I found was that the rosy picture painted over the reality presented throughout my education didn't always jive with the cold hard truth of the "real" real world.

Sure there was always someone that would break the mold, but when I could literally predict the amount of tip I received by the color of someone's skin, the size of their house, or the accent of their voice, I knew something was wrong, be it me or what was fed to me.

That's when I quit. It was too much for me to deal with at the time (in addition to my schoolwork). I wasn't looking for a lesson in life, I was just looking for a few extra bucks.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts