Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Put about 250 miles on a set of Pilot Sports over the weekend and I must say I'm very impressed. They feel just as good as BT10's do to me. The Pilots don't like dirty roads though, had a few wiggles over that. Now if I can get more than 1700 miles out of the rear I will make the switch from the 10's. I've got a set of Rennsports for a trackday in May I can't wait to get on.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
I highly doubt you will get more mileage out of a Pilot then a 010. I used to get about 3,000miles out of a rear Pilot on my VFR of all bikes. And I got about 4,000 out of a 010 on the R1. Keep in mind I was getting about 1800 miles on 207's before the 010.

They are great tires, but are expensive and wear too fast.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They do cost alot more than the 10's. As for the 207's, the last rear I had I got 1200 miles on. 95% of my riding is done on a road thats about 30 miles long and full of twisties. So my tires don't see much straight lining.

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Mine typically don't, but sometimes they do and I'm heart broken at that point. Especially when I only had 1 bike and my girlfriend had to ride on the back.

The one thing I liked about the 207's is that they wore completely evenly. I was burning as much off the sides as the center. Friends were telling me I was leaving ******* on corners even when I was taking it easy. I have no idea why.

But unfortunately the bikes pull double duty so straightline running is a necessary evil. /images/icons/mad.gif At least I tell myself that so I don't get too depressed.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I have had exactly the opposite experience from Ian. My Dunlops were replaced at 5000 miles (1000 were break-in) at that time I installed the Pilots and they lasted for another 6000+ miles of hard riding and wheelies. I'm in Arizona too so the temp is higher hear.

My toys

·
eNVisible
15,777 Posts
00R1~ Pilots are by far the best tire I've had. Over the years I've practically had 'em all (Bridgestone, Metzler, Dunlop, Pirelli, etc.) and these Michelin's are the best. The durability is good and as per the usual, the length of service these tires will have depends upon your riding style.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
All I seem to hear about anymore is the Metzler Sportec M1's. I have heard that they are better than the Pilot's even. I haven't heard about wear but grip I have heard is excellent. I plan on getting a set this weekend/images/icons/smile.gif
I wonder if I could use the word "heard" a little more in this post/images/icons/crazy.gif

·
Registered
7,835 Posts
Sportec's are AT LEAST the equal to Pilot Sports. I actually like them better. Given the amazing price - The choice is EASY!!!

·
Registered
345 Posts
sportecs over rennsports? what about the D207RR? or the BT-012SS? or the BT-010? so many new choices... i think somebody needs to do a full comparo for tires!!!

sometimes you just have to say "what the fock"!!

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
I've heard the Renns wear out faster than anything else out there, since the R1 eats tires for breakfast anyways, I'm trying to keep the wear/performance ratio liveable. /images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 11 of 11 Posts