Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
E-Tard
11,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PhotoShop guru\'s...Help me design a paint job

I have about zero creative bones in my body so, I'm looking to all of you PhotoShop experts to help me design a paint job for my SV.

The only thing I require is a yellow number plate on the front and rear. (In case I actually start racing this year).
I have no objection to painting the wheels but, painting the frame and swingarm would be too much for me to do right now.

Thanks for your ideas!

Here's a pic of Silverback's bike (since he has bodywork that my bike will have). That's about the only thing that resembles my bike :lol:
Silverback: Hope you don't mind I used your bike as a model.

Here's my lid and leathers: (paint job doesn't really need to match either my helmet or leathers though)

·
Premium Member
24,352 Posts
Re: PhotoShop guru\'s...Help me design a paint job

I tell ya, Zoey, it sure isn't easy with a black bike :crazy:

Anyways, I was thinking of trying to incorporate some of your helmet design into your bodywork...

Don't laugh...I did it free hand :808908-wtf:

·
E-Tard
11,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Look familiar eh? I'll bet you've even seen that photo before? Maybe even taken one just like it hu? :grin:

Absolutley love them. They saved me the very first time they were on the track. :bow: I couldn't believe how expensive they were to repair (no fault of the leathers though).

·
Registered
2,678 Posts

Honestly a simple one colour would be best on a racebike unless you like doing alot of masking to try and match the other paint after crash repairs. Been there done that.:D :grin: :grin:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts

I've got the same suit 'cept in all black. It's nice to know someone who's crashed in one. Thanks for makin' me feel better about riding in them.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

how's that "other" project going.... :grin:

·
E-Tard
11,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

YZF: You are right. I should just leave it in primer. I spent a lot of time and money painting the first set of bodywork only to crash it the first time it was at the track.
It would just be cool to see what she could/might look like.

[ QUOTE ]
how's that "other" project going

[/ QUOTE ]Can you narrow that down :rolling:
I'm still waiting for the JE pistons,adjustable cam sprockets and chain tensioners and shark fin. I'm waiting to hear about the 999 bodywork. I still can't find a GSXR front master brake cylinder. I will order the new con rod bearings and head/base gaskets after the cylinders are bored out.

·
E-Tard
11,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Mike: Looks like Spiderman :grin: :waytogo:

A coworker suggested a racing team name for me: "Short bus Racing". It would be funny to paint up the bus to look like a "short bus" with kids looking out the side windows. The kids could be drawn in stick figure Crayon. :grin:

Or maybe a huge slow moving vehicle triangle on the back of my leathers.

vguy: Reminds me of something from The Spy Who Shagged Me movie. :lol: 60's look, very cool :waytogo:

·
Registered
2,010 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
ZOEY said:
[ QUOTE ]
how's that "other" project going

[/ QUOTE ]Can you narrow that down :rolling:

[/ QUOTE ]

You know... that "OTHER" project.....
[whisper]maaaagazeeeeen[/whisper]

:tongue: :lol:

·
E-Tard
11,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Still on my to-do list. :rolling:
My weekend got filled up but, due to the graces of work comp (pricks) I have to take an extra day off this week.

·
Registered
2,678 Posts

[ QUOTE ]
ZOEY said:
YZF: You are right. I should just leave it in primer. I spent a lot of time and money painting the first set of bodywork only to crash it the first time it was at the track.
It would just be cool to see what she could/might look like.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just rattle can it. Thats how I did mine. $35 for all paint and primer.:D

·
Registered
5,036 Posts

I have a couple here.

^Here is one where I was trying to make the tail and the tank the body of a spider with the legs comming down the side. Didnt do all of the details but you get what I was going for.

^I like this one, wish the wing was bigger and comming more at you. But still would look neat.

I may make some more if I think of something.

·
Registered
5,036 Posts

Here a a few more. I got to thinking that all of those that I did would cost alot to have done, and not race bikeish'. So I made a race design.

^Basic race design

·
E-Tard
11,817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Dang! Those are some great ideas!

I really appreciate the amount of time and thought that must have taken you. :bow:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.