Sportbike Racing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will a power commander II for a 2000 ar a 2001 RC51 fit a 2002 model. I am in the market for a PCII, along with a Scotts Damper, and need to lean of any conflict that may arise from the {attempted} installation of a 2001 model RC51 PCII. Any help is appreciated.

If I'm shootin at ya and ya stay still, your probably safe.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Your best bet is to forget about a PCII and get hold of a PCIII.

A PCIII is programmable in 500 rpm increments where as a PCII is only programmable in 1000 rpm increments.

Its a very good chance a PCIII will fit your bike, question is why would you want one with the fuel injection being sorted on the 02 model ??,

Don't forget a power commander just smoothes out the fuel injection it does not increase HP. For HP increase you need pipes and from what I hear a full system makes about the same difference as slip-ons.

Cheers

·
Registered
863 Posts
A PC2 will fit the '02. Problem is Dynojet is no longer making the PC2 for the RC. So they will no longer be developing maps for the unit. No big deal because their maps weren't very good anyway.

The PC111R does offer a somewhat wider range of tuning. Brutal installation though . Go to http://www.rc51.org/ , then go to the mods section. There are 3 pages on the PC3r with a lot of info.

I doubt very much if the 2002 RC has sorted the fuel injection completely. Even so a Power Commander is an extremely valuable tuning tool to have and I highly recommend it.

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks lordJim, I have been visiting Rogue's site and have gotten alot of useful information about Power Commanders. As far as the PC not helping in the horsepower department that seems to be contrary to the information posted on Rogue's site. I already have a set of Erion slip-ons and I am going to install the PCII and the pipes after I do my first oil change.

If I'm shootin at ya and ya stay still, your probably safe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts