Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I have about 5000 the f4i, and I've been putting up with infamous rattle since mile 1. My dealer sucks and I don't want them touching my bike (I know should of shopped around more). So I plan on doin it myself but i heard that honda went through a couple different replacements before they got it right. Can anyone help me with the right part# or any other helpfull ideas it would be greatly appriciated

·
Registered
102 Posts
My dealer did it for free under warranty, so I couldn't tell you how to install it.

However, here are the parts you'll need:
Part # 14520-MBW-J22 Lifter Assy, Tensioner CDN$49.20
Part # 14523-MAL-A00 Gasket, Tensioner CDN$1.92

These two parts definitely removed that annoying rattling sound.
Now if only Honda released some kind of recall for the blocking clutch cable problem, the 1 head light on 1 light off look, and hard seat problem, they'd have a perfect bike....

Hope this helps....

·
Registered
9,753 Posts
Suggestion, go to another Honda dealer. Warranty work can be performed by ANY Honda dealer.

Gravity is a cruel mistress.

·
Registered
102 Posts
"Now if only Honda released some kind of recall for the blocking clutch cable problem, the 1 head light on 1 light off look, and hard seat problem, they'd have a perfect bike...."

Looking back at my post, I think this recall would be known as the CBR600F5 with 110 rear wheel hp stock, and VTEC...Should be due out in 2004/2005...

·
Registered
121 Posts
UpstateF4i,

Good luck w/ it. I had my dealer upgrade my F4i w/ these same parts and it quieted down for a while but returned after about 2000 miles. It rattled just like always after that (loud at ~ 5000 rpms) plus there was a grinding noise like two flat metal surfaces being dragged across each other. I finally got sick of the noise (and the hard seat, etc.) and traded it. I hope the fix works better for you than it did for me. Good luck.

Chop.

----------------------------------------
2001 Black & Silver GSXR 1000

1 - 6 of 6 Posts