Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ordered a Micron Ti Scortched slip-on today for my 02 R1. After seeing SpidermanSS's bike with it on I had to get one. Does anyone know why Yamaha decided to put a catalectic converter in the 02 R1 stock canaster? With no emission laws in the 49 states geting stricter in the last year why would they do this? Anyway,hope my pipe here by the end of next week. /images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
now you know we're all gonna be waiting for pics now/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
7,835 Posts
I would like to add that these individuals ride extremely nice motorcycles! (Especially that 2002)
And yes Winko & Airmengoob- EVEN the red ones!!!/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
7,835 Posts
BTW - NICE PICS Dylan! (Airmengoob) - You guys should check out the kneedragging photos in the Mountain Forum!!!

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
aaaahhh yes Noud my friend.. That would be ever so true.. but the 98-y2k1s R1s are quite tasty 2.. I just got off the phone with the shop http://www.tobefast.com, they are re-asembling a radical 01 R1 with ported and polished heads and setting up the direct port 80 shot nitrous kit /images/icons/shocked.gif.. and by the way it's blue /images/icons/laugh.gif......

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

And yes Winko & Airmengoob- EVEN the red ones!!!

<hr></blockquote>

Yes Noud I see I have taught you well young grasshopper/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hey guys,
I don't have a cool sig pic, but I'll add to this thread anyways...I just called up tobefast.com's phone number and I talked to the guy who was putting together that NOS R1 Spiderman was talking about. That's F*cking crazy!!! To quote him, he said "if you're going to blow it up, you might as well do it big" That's the stuff I'm talking about, talk about grande huevos! Anyways, the guys at that shop are real helpful and nice, I was getting a quote on a full Akro system, and he is going to call back tomorrow, so I will let you all know what happens.

Chris

Say hello to my little friend...

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
<blockquote><font size=1>In reply to:</font><hr>

talk about grande huevos

<hr></blockquote>

ROFLMAO/images/icons/laugh.gif

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
That had to be Jason...! He's a little off to begin with, /images/icons/laugh.gif but set up right a nice lil 40 shot will d0 wonders to what ever gixxer headaches you could possibly have (if you even have any at all!). Rick our engine master had the stock R1 heads on Jason's R1 flowing 25% over stock and they are all match ported and polished also. They ran it a few days ago and 3rd gear wheelies are not a problem without a single drop of juice (hell it wasn't even on the bike when they were testing it!)(tire roasting anyone?). It's getting some fine tuning in the jetting and gonna be set up to dyno.. I will tell them to send me pics to post and I will put em up on the website (http://www.tobefast.com.. For now here is the naked lady..

·
Registered
71 Posts
Jason called me back this morning, which needless to say impressed me very much! I'm sure I'm not allowed to post prices on this board, but let's just say you all should check these guys out! They offered me a good deal on a complete performance package...Great customer service and prices! By the way, I'm not affiliated with these guys at all, but I will always share the wealth when it comes to a good company!

Chris

Say hello to my little friend...

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
You can post the prices. As long as it is not a company that you are affiliated with then you are just giving others some good knowledge! /images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 16 of 16 Posts