Sportbike Racing Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope it was a good investment! It was $379 from Kyleusa.com. That's a lot of dough, but the 954 really seems to need one. My 929 got a little shaky under hard acceleration from time-to-time, but the 954 seems to do more often.

I had a scary tank slapper on my '97 900 that actually banged up the steering stops on the frame pretty good, but I didn't go down...I don't know how I didn't. So, it seems like good insurance to have one. I ordered a damper that same day!

As much as I love Honda and bleed red (Honda red that is), I really feel they should have put a factory damper on the bike and included the rear seat cowl in the purchase price.
I know the bikes quality far exceeds the Gixxer and the "bought the plastic at Wal Mart" R1, but for the '02 price increase it would be nice to not have to spend $400 on a damper and probably $200 on the seat cowl.

Just the opinion of a loyal Honda owner. Come on Big Red...we like extra gadgets!

When you see flashing lights...drop two and go!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
good choice bro..scotts is the way to go...dont know if its too late but u might wanna call up cycle depot(Phone# is at cycledepot.com) and tell them how much u got it for and they will beat the price.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I tried to order one from this sight but was unable to get one. I still need to purchase one, but can only afford a $300.00 price. I have heard good things about the scotts and maybe I can afford one later. I guess that I will have to save up.

You can get much farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.

·
eNVisible
15,777 Posts
Moto~ Hopefully <font color=red>Honda</font color=red> will make steering dampers standard like they did with the rear huggers (954 edition). Given the choice, I'd much rather have the damper before a consmetic piece. We shall see though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts